JLA v Avengers

Missy

Which team takes it all?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Forget the series that Marvel and DC are co-publishing with all of the fanboy cameos, and "we can't make one team look weaker than the other" garbage. Let's take the gloves off and let these two teams rumble like they should.

Both teams have pulled out their Big Seven (listed below), and a reserve member they can chose to use or not. (Because some of the heroes haven't always been the same people under the mask, I've gone ahead and listed who's playing the part.)

JLA

Superman

Wonder Woman

Batman (Bruce)

Green Lantern (Kyle)

Flash (Wally)

Aquaman

Martian Manhunter

Reserve Member: Green Arrow (Oliver)

Avengers

Captain America (Steve)

Iron Man (Tony)

Thor

Scarlet Witch

Hawkeye

Wonder Man

Vision

Reserve Member: Black Panther

Place: Earth, a randomly chosen deserted city

Conditions: Both teams were called to the chosen city, and then trapped inside by an unknown power. For both teams to escape one must fall (not die) in a real battle. If anyone doesn't give 100%, they all die. Only one person has to be left standing for a team to win.

There will be none of the following:

Coming together to defeat their captor

Truces

Defectors

I'm gonna pick Avengers.

Think about it, Thor could take out Superman (I know Superman beat him before, but for fucks sake Thor specializes in MAGIC)

The Scarlet Witch can affect the probability fields of all the JLA

Ironman could take out Batman (He's beams go at the speed of light, Batman isn't going to be able to pull any super cool trick this time.)

Hawkeye could just fire at opposing forces.

Wonder Man is almost the equivalant of Wonderwoman (He isn't immortal) All he has to do is hold her off until the others were done with theirs.

Vision is kind've like Martian Man Hunter , but superior. He can change into various forms (More like the White Martians). He can also shoot super hot beams.

The only problems Captain America would have would be against Superman and The Flash. The Cap could easily take out Aquaman and then help with the rest.

All The Avengers have to do is play their Cards right and it's in the bag,

I see it like this:

Thor and Superman throw punches for the bulk of the fight, leaving them both distracted. (We'll get back to them.) Captain America and Batman square-off, and, much like Superman and Thor, are distracted from everything else. (We'll get back to them later, too.)

In the meantime, Green Lantern uses his ring to block several shots from Hawkeye, until he deploys a flash grenade-type arrow that temporarily blinds GL -- allowing Hawkeye a few seconds to swipe the ring (he was a thief after all). With that, Kyle is left powerless. (Green Arrow watches from the sidelines with a coy smile. He isn't happy his team is losing, but he likes Hawkeye's style.)

As the Flash tires to recover the ring from Hawkeye, the Scarlet Witch works one of her hex spell -- causing Wally to suddenly run in slow motion.

Wonder Woman takes out Wonder Man rather quickly, but is blindsided by Iron Man who, having seen her impossible strength, keeps her at a distance by shooting lasers (or whatever) at her. This doesn't last long, as she dodges them while on an intercept course with Tony. But Tony has an ace up his sleeve. Mere inches from striking Tony, Wonder Woman slams into something invisible, and begins to plummet several hundred stories. The diamond-hard Vision uncloaks right before Tony's masked eyes -- in the same spot Wonder Woman struck an invisible wall.

Superman takes notice of this, zips away from his fight with Thor, and saves the princess. *yawn* Thor allows Superman this one valiant moment, but as soon as Diana is safely on the ground and Superman is back in the air, Thor strikes Kal-El with several bolts of magical lightening. Thus ending their fight.

While all that was happening, the Martian Manhunter went after Vision but was stopped short by one of Vision's laser eye beams. Having been set on fire, his one weakness, J'onn J'onzz is out of the fight.

Again, at the same time, Iron Man blasted away at the grounded Aquaman, who put up little to no fight being outside of the water.

Trying to put an end to this, Hawkeye shoots an arrow at the seemingly distracted Batman, who sidesteps it -- allowing it to strike Captain America in the shoulder. Pissed at having wounded a friend, Hawkeye fires several arrows at once, followed by a stream of several more, but Batman blocks them all having grabbed Cap's shield. For a second he pretends to throw it, but fakes Hawkeye out by tossing a Batarang with his other hand. It strikes the archer in the head, knocking him out.

Before Wanda can cast another spell, Batman strikes her with a Batarang as well, knocking out another Avenger.

Unable to comprehend how one man has taken so many of his teammates, Iron Man dive bombs Batman at Mach 2. At the same time Batman senses movement behind him, grabs the cloaked Vision, and tosses him at Tony. The two collide -- ruining the Iron Man armor and crippling Vision's systems. (The shock from Wonder Woman's blow earlier damaged him enough, but he was able to work through it. This extra collision finished the job.)

Having taken out six members of the Avengers, Batman knows who his final opponent is: Thor -- a god with strength to go toe-to-toe with Superman. But Batman isn't worried.

Thor lands and demands that his allies be avenged. Batman stands there, blank as a slate.

Knowing he could strike down the mortal Batman with but a single bolt of lighting, Thor is rather confident (as always) but he refrains from doing so because he doesn't want to kill the "mere" mortal.

For apparently no reason at all, Batman throws Captain America's shield straight up into the air, and does two things in the half-second following: 1) pulls a knife from his belt, and 2) jump kicks Thor in the face. Yes, Batman broke his foot, but it allowed him the distraction he needed to cut the leather strap that attaches Thor's hammer to his belt.

Batman snatches the hammer out of midair and just as the shield is at face level with Thor, Batman swings as hard as he can and crushes Thor's face with both the magical hammer and Adamantium shield. With everyone down, Batman takes a moment to asses his wounds, and notices that his foot doesn't hurt and that he looks different. He then reads the inscription on Mjolnir: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."

Having won the contest and no longer needing it, Batman tosses the hammer aside (forfeiting the power of a god), limpsgathers his teammates, and leaves -- having won the battle.

Thirdly, Can anyone use Thor's hammer, do they need the power of the gods, or can anyone use it? Fourthly, Batman's final move at the end has no logic. Even if Batman could kick Thor in the face and take his hammer at the same time (As if Thor wouldn't be holding it anyway, he had just landed, He needs the Hammer to fly.) The Angle of the kick wold be so that he couldn't possibly be able to bounce back off Thor's face, far enough so that he can hit the sheild with the hammer.

Firstly, How does Batman know the arrow is coming? Secondly, I doubt Batman would be able to throw Vision, especially if he was still in his Diamond Hard form.

Batman is very well trained, and there are several ways he could have known the arrow was coming:

01. Heard Hawkeye.

02. Seen him out of the corner of his eye.

03. Seen him in a reflection of a window.

04. Heard the arrow whizzing through the air.

How did he throw Vision in his diamond-hard state?

Vision doesn't have to weigh a lot in that state, does he? And even if he does, Batman has thrown guys like Bane, Clayface, and dozens of other very heavy people. And for sake of argument, let's say Vision was too hard to throw, then Batman simply back flips over the cloaked Vision, causing Tony to slam into his teammate -- they did it to Wonder Woman, so Batman did it to them.

Think about it, Thor could take out Superman (I know Superman beat him before, but for fucks sake Thor specializes in MAGIC)

I can see Superman/Thor going either way.

The Scarlet Witch can affect the probability fields of all the JLA

If Zatanna were there, she would neutralize that, but as such, she isn't, so I have to give you this one.

Ironman could take out Batman (He's beams go at the speed of light, Batman isn't going to be able to pull any super cool trick this time.)

Superman or Wonder Woman could take out Iron Man.

Hawkeye could just fire at opposing forces.

In this massive battle, Hawkeye would be one of the first people downed. Batman would be happy to do this.

Wonder Man is almost the equivalant of Wonderwoman (He isn't immortal) All he has to do is hold her off until the others were done with theirs.

Please...just don't try and justify Wonderman being able to beat Diana. It isn't going to happen. Wonder Woman would own Wonderman.

Vision is kind've like Martian Man Hunter , but superior. He can change into various forms (More like the White Martians). He can also shoot super hot beams.

I don't think Vision could beat the Manhunter. You are shortchanging J'onn's abilities, there. He can do anything Vision can do. Plus, Vision is an android. If Manhunter turned transparent and flew into Vision and at just the right second ripped a vital part of him out, he'd be finished.

The only problems Captain America would have would be against Superman and The Flash. The Cap could easily take out Aquaman and then help with the rest.

Captain America would never beat Superman. As for Aquaman, he has super strength, too. It's not like he's going down easily. And Flash is a wild card. Not sure what to think abouthis presence there. He might be able to throw off Scarlet Witch if he plays his cards right.

Thirdly, Can anyone use Thor's hammer, do they need the power of the gods, or can anyone use it? Fourthly, Batman's final move at the end has no logic. Even if Batman could kick Thor in the face and take his hammer at the same time (As if Thor wouldn't be holding it anyway, he had just landed, He needs the Hammer to fly.) The Angle of the kick wold be so that he couldn't possibly be able to bounce back off Thor's face, far enough so that he can hit the sheild with the hammer.

One has to be worthy of holding the hammer, that's why Batman's foot was healed and he was able to wield so much power in the end in take Thor out. It's also why he read the inscription. He was surprised that he was worthy.

Thor is always reattaching the hammer to his belt after flight, and I covered why he wasn't holding it:

01. He didn't want to kill the "mere" mortal.

02. He's cocky and didn't think he needed it.

The kick doesn't necessarily have to be at an odd angle. Batman could have the knife in his left hand, so if he kicks with his left leg he can cut the leather on the way up. After the kick (when he breaks his foot) he spins in midair, and catches the hammer from behind him in his right hand -- without looking. If he spins back at just the right moment, yes he can smash the hammer and shield into Thor's face at the same time.

Firstly, How does Batman know the arrow is coming? Secondly, I doubt Batman would be able to throw Vision, especially if he was still in his Diamond Hard form.

Batman is very well trained, and there are several ways he could have known the arrow was coming:

01. Heard Hawkeye.

02. Seen him out of the corner of his eye.

03. Seen him in a reflection of a window.

04. Heard the arrow whizzing through the air.

How did he throw Vision in his diamond-hard state?

Vision doesn't have to weigh a lot in that state, does he? And even if he does, Batman has thrown guys like Bane, Clayface, and dozens of other very heavy people. And for sake of argument, let's say Vision was too hard to throw, then Batman simply back flips over the cloaked Vision, causing Tony to slam into his teammate -- they did it to Wonder Woman, so Batman did it to them.

I'll give it to you for Number three, for number 2 to work, they would have to be side on, thus no Cap arrow to the shoulder. I'll also give you the Vision thing, though I doubt he could locate the Invisible Vision.

Please...just don't try and justify Wonderman being able to beat Diana. It isn't going to happen. Wonder Woman would own Wonderman.

I wasn't saying Wonderman would beat Wonder Woman, I wasn't even saying he had a chance, He can only go for Half An Hour at full capacity, Wonderwoman would easily be able to at last that. I was only saying he could distract, thus giving people like Thor enough time to weaken their enemy, therefore Diana not being such a problem.. Infact if I was writing this, he'd be the first one gone.

In this massive battle, Hawkeye would be one of the first people downed.

Doubt it, Hawkeye could just sit back and fire arrows, while everyone else is distracted.

Superman or Wonder Woman could take out Iron Man.

Both would be distracted. Iron Man would probably lose though if Diana beat Wonderman quick enough.

I don't think Vision could beat the Manhunter. You are shortchanging J'onn's abilities, there. He can do anything Vision can do. Plus, Vision is an android. If Manhunter turned transparent and flew into Vision and at just the right second ripped a vital part of him out, he'd be finished.

J'onn is weak to fire, Vision has super hot beams, do the math.

The kick doesn't necessarily have to be at an odd angle. Batman could have the knife in his left hand, so if he kicks with his left leg he can cut the leather on the way up. After the kick (when he breaks his foot) he spins in midair, and catches the hammer from behind him in his right hand -- without looking. If he spins back at just the right moment, yes he can smash the hammer and shield into Thor's face at the same time.

I still don't see how Batman could go at an angle where he could kick Thor's face, steal his hammer and bounce back the distance of the sheild and 2/3 to 3/4 of the distance of the hammer.

Also, doesn't the Hammer return to it's owner?

Also, doesn't the Hammer return to it's owner?

But if Batman can hold it, he is the owner.

And that's if he is worthy.

And I wrote it so that he could hold it, therefore in my version he is worthy.

EDIT:

That doesn't mean he has to be in your version.