The Incredibles 2

Missy

• 2 weeks later...

Though I've been looking forward to this since the first movie's credits rolled, it has been 13 years, so my interest has dwindled a little.

Plus, I had really hoped they would have aged the characters, as they did with Toy Story. Violet would be closing in on 30, Dash would be 25-ish, both parents (late 50s) are officially retired from superheroing, and a teenage Jack-Jack would be the new hero of the family.

• 2 months later...

I too thought the trailer was lame, but then remembered that the trailer for the original wasn't great either. I think I ended up seeing it due to the great reviews, not the ads. So my hype is where it is, and knowing that the creative team swerved with the last movie and are better storytellers than this trailer represents.

26 minutes ago, The Master said:

Another concern of mine: the dad's can't parent trope. Hopefully the movie is much, much more than this, but this trailer does worry me.

Agreed. This looks like shit. But, after he said he didn't want to feed the baby more cookies did the thing he transformed into remind you of something?