Random Star Trek thoughts

Did they ever explain why Counselor Troi was allowed to wear low-cut tops, when all of the other women had to wear the uniform? Other than the male gaze, which is not an in-continuity explanation.

Though it was never directly explained on-screen, the general idea is that she wasn't a practicing officer so she could wear whatever. This starts to change, however, in Season 5's "Disaster" where we learn she's actually a Lieutenant Commander. Not much more is said until Season 6's "Chain of Command," in which Captain Jellico orders Troi to wear a proper uniform, which she pretty much does from there on out. Lastly, in Season 7's "Thine Own Self" Troi takes the Bridge Officers Test to become a full Commander, thus completing a small storyline for Troi which gives Marina Sirtis more to do, elevates Troi above her original concept, and gets her out of the low-cut tops and dresses.

• 9 months later...
On 3/31/2024 at 4:53 AM, S-T said:

0000.thumb.jpg.85130003d4ac404a4702209878e63efa.jpg

I am still alive, despite my wardrobe choice.

So crazy. I had been planning on visiting that statue THIS COMING WEEKEND. I no longer am, but this was shocking to see. My buddy has a book launch in Bloomington and that's where the eclipse is in totality. I wanted to see this statue, the Ray Bradbury museum and a bunch of other nerdy shit too. I'm bummed.

On 4/4/2024 at 2:10 PM, Dread said:

So crazy. I had been planning on visiting that statue THIS COMING WEEKEND. I no longer am, but this was shocking to see. My buddy has a book launch in Bloomington and that's where the eclipse is in totality. I wanted to see this statue, the Ray Bradbury museum and a bunch of other nerdy shit too. I'm bummed.

I live here. I can see it whenever I want. :-)

If you reschedule that trip, DM me. I will buy you a coffee.