Episode 81 - Judy Garland

RSS

The Brothers Wilson head way back to yesteryear to cover the life and times of one of Hollywood's most notorious stars of the talkies: Judy Garland. In reverse order, Ian and Pandy look at Garland's breakout hit in the legendary The Wizard of Oz, one of Garland's most successful ever films as a studio-contracted player in Meet Me in St. Louis, and her film career watermark in A Star is Born. Along the way, there's serious discussions about the duty of care towards child actors, less serious references to classic episodes of The Simpsons, and the anecdote of when Pandy outright lied to the recently deceased Prince Philip. The episode also touches upon the abomination of the past 20 years of adverts for the Halifax Building Society, and a new song devoted to Hey, an Actor's very own muse, Tom Hemmings. [ 3:05:36 || 89.5 MB ]

• Missy changed the title to Episode 81: Judy Garland
8 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

You missed Liza’s turn in Muppets Take Manhattan!

Her caricature is the one Kermit and the rats replace at that posh restaurant.

Never seen it! Hopefully to be rectified before the official call up to Flipchart Forums. 

8 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

Also disappointed, just a little, that Kevin Nash’s turn as a Wizard of Oz “themed” gimmick (very short lived), literally called Oz, in the early 1990s WCW was not mentioned! ;)

Fucking WHAT? 

• Missy changed the title to Episode 81 - Judy Garland
3 hours ago, Pan-dub said:

Never seen it! Hopefully to be rectified before the official call up to Flipchart Forums. 

Fucking WHAT? 

I'll debrief you next time we talk. And it's Flickchart Forums, you heathen - do not blaspheme against my religion....