Help Influence Episode 103!

Yes, you can help influence not only the film Pandy & I use as the joint review, but the homework we assign each other to plot the range of their career. As announced in Episode 101! - our subject will be Amy Adams. Again.

The Year of Redux will see us take on ANY* Amy Adams film, regardless of whether they have been covered on Comic Reel-ief, Pulp Diction or anything else. It will still be a pick from Ian, a pick from Pandy and a third movie, although the disclaimer of the other brother not having seen their sibling's pick is being disapplied for 2024. 

Pandy & I will take an executive decision on what makes the show soon so get your ideas in before then!

*We won't be covering The Fighter, Junebug or Enchanted.

12 hours ago, Missy said:

I've seen few of her movies, but I would suggest: Julie & Julia and Arrival.

I second Arrival. You haven't done a Denis Villenueve film yet and it's a good one. J & J's also good but probably a better showcase for Meryl Streep as Julia Child (and a redux episode for her, if she gets one) than Amy as Julie.

For her early career maybe her Night at the Museum film; for her more recent stuff, maybe Vice, the (notorious) Dear Evan Hansen, or Enchanted's sequel Disenchanted.

• 3 weeks later...

If this is late, sorry. Making a suggestion that is partially Will being a troll and partially serious. A lot of Amy Adams's early career were roles where she guest starred on teen shows on Fox and The WB. During that times, she starred in a pilot based off a recent popular film that got picked up but then was canceled before it aired. Fox decided, since they had two episodes worth of footage, to bring the cast back to shoot some additional footage and release it straight to video.

So, I'm proposing Cruel Intentions 2. It reflect an early part of her career that normally wouldn't be able to be covered while also showing how far she had to go.

30 minutes ago, dc20willsave said:

If this is late, sorry. Making a suggestion that is partially Will being a troll and partially serious. A lot of Amy Adams's early career were roles where she guest starred on teen shows on Fox and The WB. During that times, she starred in a pilot based off a recent popular film that got picked up but then was canceled before it aired. Fox decided, since they had two episodes worth of footage, to bring the cast back to shoot some additional footage and release it straight to video.

So, I'm proposing Cruel Intentions 2. It reflect an early part of her career that normally wouldn't be able to be covered while also showing how far she had to go.

We're literally recording tonight, so you've made it!

I'll keep my powder dry as to how we cover AA's early career next month until this episode goes live, but it will be addressed with reference to your suggestion.