Episode 59

Missy

Quick thoughts:

ACTOR changing their name makes perfect sense - their name did sound like a charity for actors.

The director of Cabin Fever was Eli Roth, who also directed Hostel. Neil Marshall directed The Descent, and also directed 'Dog Soldiers', which if you haven't seen, you should - it's superb.

The Descent was a film that I thought was too shallow to be enjoyable - Dog Soldiers would have been similar if it wasn't for the fact that DS was damn funny.

Also, the Irish girl REALLY got on my nerves. 'Oim filmin' everytin', so I can stick it on myspace, coz I'm just so x-treme, y'know, loike how oi live on de edge, loike, all de toime, just coz i'm so x-treeeme'. And finally, the ending (the UK version) was a complete rip-off of 'Brazil', for me. She's not been able to escape, so she retreats into a fantasy.

Really dude, between your liking of this, and your bizarre, frankly unfathomable love for '28 Coffees Later', as much as I enjoy the show, I sure don't listen to it to agree on your thoughts on horror films...

The director of Cabin Fever was Eli Roth, who also directed Hostel. Neil Marshall directed The Descent, and also directed 'Dog Soldiers', which if you haven't seen, you should - it's superb.

Ah! Thanks for that. Somewhere along the line my info got crossed.

Also, the Irish girl REALLY got on my nerves. 'Oim filmin' everytin', so I can stick it on myspace, coz I'm just so x-treme, y'know, loike how oi live on de edge, loike, all de toime, just coz i'm so x-treeeme'.

You want the truth? Normally I would agree, because she was shallow like that. However, after she fucked up her leg, her character changed from the tough extreme punk leader to a normal person who needed to rely on others to survive. I appreciate that they added at least that to her.

Really dude, between your liking of this, and your bizarre, frankly unfathomable love for '28 Coffees Later', as much as I enjoy the show, I sure don't listen to it to agree on your thoughts on horror films...

See, for me, it was all about the real terror I felt during the first half of the movie. As stated during the review, the second half, with the monsters, didn't do it for me. The frenetic action and all that was cool and I think the transition between the two parts was smooth overall, but I'd rather it have been more like Open Water. This wasn't a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought it was solid enough to garner a three out of five.

And I'm glad when listeners don't agree with us: it generally turns feedback into a discussion (RE: DW and Silent Hill, Jacobi and Black Panther, you and The Descent).

See, for me, it was all about the real terror I felt during the first half of the movie. As stated during the review, the second half, with the monsters, didn't do it for me. The frenetic action and all that was cool and I think the transition between the two parts was smooth overall, but I'd rather it have been more like Open Water. This wasn't a great film by any stretch of the imagination, but I thought it was solid enough to garner a three out of five.

And I'm glad when listeners don't agree with us: it generally turns feedback into a discussion (RE: DW and Silent Hill, Jacobi and Black Panther, you and The Descent).

Let's not forget your unfathomable love for '28 Days Later', which is down in the gutter for me with the Night of the Living Dead remake from the early nineties.