Ultimate Green Lantern

RSS

Several months ago I posted a thread over at the forums asking writers to help with a follow-up to last year's Ultimate Batman piece. It was quickly decided that we should focus on Ultimate Green Lantern, simply because the concept has endless potential — the power can be alien, magical, spiritual, mental, genetic, whatever. What follow then are three such updates, all of which provide a new starting line for the Green Lantern concept. Enjoy.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/articles/ultimate-green-lantern

I really dig these Ultimate articles. As I said at the end of this one, we should focus on a villain next time. I have an awesome idea for Doomsday, but I'm up for anyone: Luthor, Joker, Catwoman, Grundy, Superboy-Prime, Deathstroke, Darkseid, Riddler, Brainiac... whoever.

Awesome job. I loved the 1602-esque way Mike did his and Desmond's was interesting, too.

As for future Ultimate articles, I would LOVE to do Darkseid, Luthor, Doomsday, Deathstroke or Brainiac. I'm always willing to take on Batman's rogues gallery, as well.

EDIT: I think we should try manga characters sometime in the future, too.

Awesome job. I loved the 1602-esque way Mike did his and Desmond's was interesting, too.

Thanks. Frankly, I didn't make the 1602 connection until the very last minute, and then I was like, "Hey... there's no reason this couldn't be in the DC Universe."

Des, yours had a very Hal-as-Spectre quality to it, which is cool because that's the only time I ever enjoyed Hal Jordan.

And yours, James, was... creepy! Sinestro hunting kids down is one thing, we've seen that with Deathstroke. But highly trained, killer kids is... wild! Too bad a mainstream publisher would never have the balls to try it.

Thanks. Frankly, I didn't make the 1602 connection until the very last minute, and then I was like, "Hey... there's no reason this couldn't be in the DC Universe."

Des, yours had a very Hal-as-Spectre quality to it, which is cool because that's the only time I ever enjoyed Hal Jordan.

And yours, James, was... creepy! Sinestro hunting kids down is one thing, we've seen that with Deathstroke. But highly trained, killer kids is... wild! Too bad a mainstream publisher would never have the balls to try it.

Thanks. I thought it would make confrontations with the DC heroes all the more intense if the super soldier children were out there hunting down and killing people like Victor Zsasz.