Fuck Blockbuster Video

James D.

Okay, can someone explain to me why it's seemingly easier to buy a fucking car than it is to rent a damned Xbox 360 game? I went to Blockbuster tonight and tried to rent Marvel UA for the 360 and the guy said that because I didn't have a credit card to put on file, I couldn't rent any Xbox 360 game. Now, there are several problems I have with this:

1.) Why is it not acceptable to take a debit card? I offered the guy my debit card to use, but he said it has to be a credit card. If they have my debit card, and I steal the game or whatever, they can call my bank and shut my checking account down. Therefore, a debit card should be just as acceptable as a credit card.

2.) I have a Blockbuster card, my debit card, and my driver's license. How the fuck much more identity do you fucking need? It's a VIDEO GAME. Not a vial of liquid plutonium.

3.) This idiotic rule applies ONLY to Xbox 360 games. You can rent PS2 games...Xbox games...Gamecube games...without having to provide a credit card. He said because the Xbox 360 games cost so much, this is why they have to do this. So, let me see if I understand this--a $63 360 game needs a credit card, but a $52 PS2 game doesn't? Nor does a $52 Xbox game? Sure. Makes perfect fucking sense. <_<

4.) The guy was a twat about the whole thing. Look, you're already forcing this ridiculous nonsense down my earholes--I don't need a fucking attitude along with it, jackass.

I'm never fucking shopping at Blockbuster again. (This isn't the first time they pissed me off.) That company is so god damned retarded.

3.) This idiotic rule applies ONLY to Xbox 360 games. You can rent PS2 games...Xbox games...Gamecube games...without having to provide a credit card. He said because the Xbox 360 games cost so much, this is why they have to do this. So, let me see if I understand this--a $63 360 game needs a credit card, but a $52 PS2 game doesn't? Nor does a $52 Xbox game? Sure. Makes perfect fucking sense. <_<

The big difference is that the X-box 360 cost 11 dollars more. Oh yeah if they lose that extra 11 dollars it would cripple them finacially.

Just wait until you attempt to rent a $100 PS3 game. First born sons, proof of Jesus' existence and a golden-egg-laying goose won't be enough to secure a rental.

One...hundred...dollars?

Every time I learn more about the PS3, the more I think it's going to flop miserably.

Oh, and I meant to add this on. My friend and I went back to the Blockbuster with his credit card because we really wanted to try out a couple of games, and they said he needed TWO credit cards. Luckily, he and his wife have 5, so it wasn't a further problem, but good fucking grief, two credit cards???

Just wait until you attempt to rent a $100 PS3 game. First born sons, proof of Jesus' existence and a golden-egg-laying goose won't be enough to secure a rental.

One...hundred...dollars?

Every time I learn more about the PS3, the more I think it's going to flop miserably.

Oh, and I meant to add this on. My friend and I went back to the Blockbuster with his credit card because we really wanted to try out a couple of games, and they said he needed TWO credit cards. Luckily, he and his wife have 5, so it wasn't a further problem, but good fucking grief, two credit cards???

Whoa, wait a minute. Two credit cards? Did they even give a reason for this one?

One...hundred...dollars?

Why didn't the jackass you were talking to the first time tell you this? Two credit cards really dosen't make any sense...