The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, volume 1

RSS

I was first informed of the existence of The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service at Anime Weekend Atlanta, my local yearly anime convention, last autumn. A Dark Horse editor was holding a panel on manga market trends and he showed those of us in attendance some upcoming releases. Immediately, when he described the plot of Kurosagi, I thought to myself, That's brilliant! Much like Death Note, Kurosagi's story made me wonder, Why didn't I think of that?! The manga details the daily lives of five students at a Buddhist university, each of whom possess a skill that helps them solve the mysteries of the dearly departed. When I finally managed to get a copy of the first volume, I was not disappointed. The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service can best be described as a bizarre amalgamation of Law & Order: Criminal Intent and Raines, with a smattering of Scooby-Doo here and there all wrapped up in an attractive Japanese manga shell.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/a/kurosagi-corpse-01