Second Minus World?

Missy

While researching a column, I stumbled upon a page that suggests there's a second Minus World. (You all know about the Minus World in Super Mario Bros., right?) Here's the link with his proof. Take it for what it's worth, but if anyone can confirm his findings please let me know.

A Second Level to the Minus World <---------- link

I've never been able to successfully reach the Minus World, but I have seen it and played it (thanks to a friend).

Okay, here's an update on the situation. I was finally able reach the Minus World and when I found the pipe I went through the wall (as Fire Flower Mario), but I got stuck at the edge of the screen and died when time ran out. I tried it again as regular (RE: small) Mario several times now, but haven't been able to go through the wall again.

Okay, here's an update on the situation.  I was finally able reach the Minus World and when I found the pipe I went through the wall (as Fire Flower Mario), but I got stuck at the edge of the screen and died when time ran out.  I tried it again as regular (RE: small) Mario several times now, but haven't been able to go through the wall again.

Where's that games genie with the "unlimited amount of lives" or "unlimited amout of time"codes when you truly need it. <_<

Minus world?

You've never heard of the Minus/Negative World...? At the end of Level 1-2 if you jump just right you can slide through the pipe/wall and end up in an infinitely looping water world. But this guy proposes that it does have an end and you get to meet the original boss -- which wasn't Bowser.

And if you ever try getting to the first Minus World be warned, it's hard as fuck to it. :bang: And that's even with looking at a picture on gamefaqs that shows you how to do it.

Agreed. It wasn't until I tried it the other day that I finally did it! Now I can do it with some ease, but it's still a small pain in the ass.

That site is totally a joke. I know a Photoshop when I see one. :)

mario.gif

OH LOOK! I GOT TO WORLD -99!!! WHERE GIANT TURTLES WALK THROUGH BRICKS!! TRY IT NOW!! OH GOD WAIT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK!!! HERE'S AN E-MAIL I GOT FROM NINTENDO!!

Dear Sir,

You are correct, sir. There is indeed a world -99!! And you are the first to discover it, today, about fifteen years after the game's release! Wowzers, Penny!

Signed,

-Name Withheld-

Nintendo of America