Tranquil Tirades: Double Dragon

RSS

For all intents and purposes, Double Dragon is a horrendous movie. In that vein, there is little to distinguish it from any of the other movies I've reviewed in the past like Bloodrayne and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. Where Double Dragon differs in its putrescence is that Paul Dini helped write the script. Yes, the same Paul Dini who helped create Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series and the rest of the DC animated universe. Dini isn't perfect; Mike and I have criticized his writing on World's Finest Podcast, but even his worst BTAS episode is nowhere near as bad as Double Dragon -- which is an embarrassment to video games, filmmaking and everything associated with that franchise.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/reviews/m/double-dragon

Thank you, gentlemen. I actually had a lot of fun writing this review. I bought Daredevil, Ballistic: Ecks VS. Sever, and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within for like 11 bucks tonight to add to my list of shitty movies to review. Now let's see if I can keep that bi-weekly schedule. :angel:

As far as B&R goes, Ian, I sent you a PM. Let me know what you think I should do (or not do).