Episode 33

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick corrects his dumbass mistakes, rants against rants against (yes, it's repeated on purpose) horror fandom, reviews Weed Species by Jack Ketchum and features a short interview with Andrew Migliore of Lurker Films. He also reviews Annabel Lee, The Mist and Sweeney Todd. Tunes include: "Weeds" by Life of Agony, "Short Songs" by Dead Kennedys, "Spectral Mist" by Midnight Syndicate and "Epiphany" by Johnny Depp (as Sweeney Todd). Check out www.horror-mall.com, take advantage of the Lurker Films offer and visit www.keithlatch.podomatic.com to listen to Keith Latch's podiobook, Eyewitness. [ 1:04:55 || 29.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_033.mp3

Hmm. Everyone I've asked about The Mist has said that the monsters were cool, but the ending sucked.

Now, I have you telling me that the monsters sucked and the ending was cool.

HOW CAN I GO ON NOW?!?!

Hmm. Everyone I've asked about The Mist has said that the monsters were cool, but the ending sucked.

Now, I have you telling me that the monsters sucked and the ending was cool.

HOW CAN I GO ON NOW?!?!

Easy. Everybody else is wrong. Trust me.

I wanted to like this. I did on first viewing, but on second viewing, albeit one with an actual aspect ratio on my big TV, the monsters looked like they were out of a video game cut scene. It sucked because the story was actually great.

I love the novella but the ending to the film is better than the original.

My mom thought it sucked too but that's because she couldn't handle it.

Thought I'd drop belated thoughts here as I boot up this week's show!

Great to here some mainstream stuff get a bit of coverage here. I wouldn't have you change your coverage of indie stuff at all because Dread Media offers a real platform to showcase this under-exposed stuff. But it's good to hear the odd mention of bigger films like The Mist, and the trashing of Tim Burton was fantastic! I haven't seen the Sweeney Todd musical or film, so I can't comment on that, but the continued casting of Depp and Bonham Carter really irks me.

For balance, the Annabel Lee review was pretty cool too. For music, am I right in thinking you'll have to eventually get around to "Thriller"?!?? :D

For balance, the Annabel Lee review was pretty cool too. For music, am I right in thinking you'll have to eventually get around to "Thriller"?!?? :D

This would be the year to do it wouldn't it?

There's a lot of shit that needs covering this year. Night of the Living Dead celebrates its 40th, Dawn of the Dead celebrates its 30th and a certain other out of this world anniversary gets its own show later in the year :tease:

Yo Des, do you know if Weed Species is going to be coming out in Paperback as well ? Sounds like an intresting read.

btw it was great to hear "Weeds" by LOA, i haven't heard that in ages. took me right back to 1998.

Thanks Mal,

Weed Species is a Cemetery Dance exclusive, so grab it through Horror Mall or sadly, miss out. It's grim but masterfully put together.

Weeds is one of my all-time favorite tunes. I almost put the secret track acoustic version on but figured the book review needed a harder edged song.