Summer movie preview

JackFetch

comingsoon posted their summer preview along with their top ten prediction. What do you think the top grossing movies will be this summer, and will there be a sleeper that nobody is talking about?

My top 5:

The Dark Knight

Prince Caspian

Wall*E

Iron Man

Summer surprise:

Hancock

Summer letdowns:

The Mummy 3 and You Don't Mess With the Zohan

Notice Indiana Jones isn't up there. I think it will open big, but not have staying power to make top 5. I think a lot of people will be let down by it.

Iron Man, Indiana Jones & Dark Knight is the best summer lineup I've seen in a long time. Other cool stuff includes the Downey/Stiller/Black Nam comedy Tropic Thunder, Hellboy II, Wall-E, Step Brothers and, of course, Space Chimps (which should have been Chimps In Spaaace). Top 5 in the box office?

1- Dark Knight

2- Indiana Jones

3- The Mummy 3

4- Iron Man

5- Prince Caspian

I was fairly certain that Iron Man was going to be a success until I mentioned the film to a few people who replied "I have no idea what that is". They liked the concept once it was explained, but this isn't a brand with the instant public recognition of any of most other big superhero blockbusters. The advertising campaign is massive and the trailers are great so I'm still not certain it will lose money overall, but it might have to wait for DVD to actually make a profit. If I were head of Marvel I don't think I would have taken the risk of banking so heavily on Iron Man & the new Hulk.

In no order:

-Iron Man

-Tropic Thunder (I love Downey Jr. enough as it is, but these look spectacular)

-Dark Knight

-Hancock

-Incredible Hulk

-The Happening (what a twist!)

-Wanted

-Hellboy 2

-Midnight Meat Train (not on the list but going to be better than all of those)

Although I'll probably see no more than three of these in the theatre

Iron Man, Indiana Jones & Dark Knight is the best summer lineup I've seen in a long time. Other cool stuff includes the Downey/Stiller/Black Nam comedy Tropic Thunder, Hellboy II, Wall-E, Step Brothers and, of course, Space Chimps (which should have been Chimps In Spaaace). Top 5 in the box office?

1- Dark Knight

2- Indiana Jones

3- The Mummy 3

4- Iron Man

5- Prince Caspian

Switch The Mummy 3 with Iron Man and that'd be my Top 5.

I was fairly certain that Iron Man was going to be a success until I mentioned the film to a few people who replied "I have no idea what that is". They liked the concept once it was explained, but this isn't a brand with the instant public recognition of any of most other big superhero blockbusters. The advertising campaign is massive and the trailers are great so I'm still not certain it will lose money overall, but it might have to wait for DVD to actually make a profit. If I were head of Marvel I don't think I would have taken the risk of banking so heavily on Iron Man & the new Hulk.

In Britain, I'd agree with you as to Iron Man's name recognition, but I reckon he's much better known than you think. If you consider the film opening in the coveted Spider-Man/X-Men release slot (seen by many as the start to the summer blockbuster season) and the scale of the advertising campaign, I'm sure Iron Man will be a hit, if not the biggest of the summer.

As for personal interest, I'm interested in all the CBMs for obvious reasons + Indianna Jones