Cloverfield 2

The major difference here is that the Dark Knight viral doesn't have characters and plot points exclusive to it.

Jaime and Teddy, Slusho, and Tagruto were nonexistant in the last movie, and (supposedly) play a huge part of the mythos.

• 2 months later...

the only thing is that in the first movie some of the people at the party are wearing slusho shirts. There are also rumors that the drinks that were there were slusho drinks, so many people are thiinking that Rob was going to Japan to work for Slusho, which may have a connection with the monster, because the whole time the monster is following Rob. Whereecver he went the monster was following him, so whatever was in slusho might attact the monster to wherever it is open.

but everywhere that rob went the monster was there. Yes it was a movie on them, so the monster had to follow them, but when they were in the helicopter the monster only went after the coper that Rob was in, and tey could have jsut shown the monster not die, and keep moving, just not going after them, and the movie would have sorta been the same, but they would have lived.

The monster was near everyone, technically. I mean, the thing was 300 feet tall.

As for the chopper, they were flying stupidly low to the ground and Clover lashed out at the nearest thing.

I think you're searching for an underlying theme that isn't there.

you probrobly are right, but still will reserve my judgement until the movie comes out. THe oly other thing i have to say is that when they were on the bridge the monster when toward the people who were at the party, so i still think that the monster was going for the partygoers

Again, Clover wasn't "going after" anyone. It was in a panic and didn't know where it was. They state that clear as day on the DVD.

As for it going after the people at the party, that's a really big stretch anyway since there were at least a few hundred people on the bridge at the time and I really don't think Clover has that kind of decernment.

I mean, that would be the equivalent of me squashing an ant under my shoe because it looked at me funny. All I see are insects from up here.