Episode 02

RSS

Recording through the night, Ian Wilson and Adham Fisher attempt to do justice to From Russia with Love, which is unfortunately sandwiched between the first ever Bond movie and what some consider the greatest film in the entire franchise. Does the second film hold up? And why are the hosts doing gypsy impressions? [ 2:15:37 || 62.0 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/foryourear...arsonly_002.mp3

To fully set the scene, Adham and I sat down to watch the film at 11pm, then started watching the commentary version at 1:30 am. I'd had roughly 6 cans of lager whilst he'd had 2 cans of cider. And then tired/wired respectively, we started recording at 4:30 am, finishing at 7 am. When I sat down to edit this, I was VERY worried about the quality, but I think it came off alright in the end.

I'm currently 55 minutes in, and though the improvements are evident (RE: more analysis), there's been a few points that could have been edited down. For instance, about 35-ish minutes in Adham said "um" several times in roughly 20 seconds; he seemingly couldn't find his words. A similar thing happened to you, Ian, at about the 50-minute mark; you lost your train of thought, and cursed under your breath. Whenever that happens, you might want to clean it up in the editing process, if only to make the conversation seem as smooth as possible.

That said, this episode is a marked improvement over the first, and that's a great feat considering how much I enjoyed your look at Dr. No.

More thoughts later.

• 4 weeks later...
If I could cut out all of my co-host's stammers, the show might be better, but, through the editing process, I'd be a broken, wretched man....

But yes, he comes up with some great lines!

Unbroken prose has never been my strong point, but at least I don't say "basically" every 13th word.

If I could cut out all of my co-host's stammers, the show might be better, but, through the editing process, I'd be a broken, wretched man....

But yes, he comes up with some great lines!

Unbroken prose has never been my strong point, but at least I don't say "basically" every 13th word.

True enough. Then again, I've edited myself to sound a lot better this month!