Episode 42

RSS

In this very special episode of Dread Media, Brother D from Mail Order Zombie joins Desmond Reddick to run through their top five best, worst and most desired remakes in the horror genre. What movie causes Desmond to threaten an IMDB reviewer? What film did Brother D accidentally see twice? Step on in and check out some good remake talk. Tunes include: "Cape Fear" by Fantomas, "Zaratozom" by Goblin, "Day of the Dead" by The Misfits and "Desperado" by Alice Cooper. [ 2:16:39 || 62.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_042.mp3

I can't wait to load this up on the iPod to hear my podcasting amigos BrotherD and Des. Ooooh BrotherDes - the lethal combination that WILL... NOT... BE... STOPPED!

But can you imagine it Andy?

Triple Combo Cast!

Brother DEStroy the Brain!!!

Muhahahahaha!

I can't wait to load this up on the iPod to hear my podcasting amigos BrotherD and Des. Ooooh BrotherDes - the lethal combination that WILL... NOT... BE... STOPPED!

Triple Combo Cast!

Muhahahahaha!

Amazing. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Read the Halloween Nightdance comics...comic combo cast.

Triple Combo Cast!

Muhahahahaha!

Amazing. I can't believe I didn't think of that.

Read the Halloween Nightdance comics...comic combo cast.

I'll hold you to that.

Officially, this is the best episode yet... despite Brother D's top pick for the worst remake. <_<

Agreed, I REALLY enjoyed this episode considerably. Although I'd swap the Brother D gripe of Mike's and exchange it for not hearing enough venom about The Wicker Man. Des, you did about 6 months worth of Countdown reading and podcasting - but only 20 minutes for the Wicker Man?!?!? I wanted to hear bile about bear suits and bees and just how damn goofy the whole thing is! Dagnabit. <_<

Seriously though, great show. Great rapport between the two of you and the subject matter was stuff that allowed me to say "yes, I've heard of that!!" more than once in the episode. It made the show very engaging; not that Dread Media isn't anyway, I should hastily add.

Officially, this is the best episode yet... despite Brother D's top pick for the worst remake. <_<

Agreed, I REALLY enjoyed this episode considerably. Although I'd swap the Brother D gripe of Mike's and exchange it for not hearing enough venom about The Wicker Man. Des, you did about 6 months worth of Countdown reading and podcasting - but only 20 minutes for the Wicker Man?!?!? I wanted to hear bile about bear suits and bees and just how damn goofy the whole thing is! Dagnabit. <_<

Sorry man, couldn't bear Cage's incessant whining. But if the youtube clip that D sent me after recording is any indication, I wish I'd stayed for the greatest comedy of all time...

Seriously though, great show. Great rapport between the two of you and the subject matter was stuff that allowed me to say "yes, I've heard of that!!" more than once in the episode. It made the show very engaging; not that Dread Media isn't anyway, I should hastily add.

Thanks, Ian. It was a little iffy seeing as we've never talked to each other before besides throwing email back and forth. Rest assured, he will be on the show (maybe a two-parter) again this summer.

Triple Combo Cast!

Muhahahahaha!

Brother DEStroy the Brain!!!?

That is one of the most incredibly-awesome things I've EVER HEARD!

As for my choice of Dawn of the Dead as my least favorite remake - I hope I made it pretty clear that my dislike of that movie has more to do with what the film did to the zombie subgenre more than anything else. When I covered Zompire, The Undead Film Festival in Episode 16 of Mail Order Zombie I talked about my thoughts on the actual film a bit, adn the truth is, as a roller-coaster-style movie, it's not bad, especially if you watch it with a group of people, but I still maintain that it's fairly soulless and really doesn't leave you with much more than a slight sugar crash afterward whereas the original sticks with you . . .

I had a blast doing this show with Des. I, too, was a little worried since this was the first time we ever spoke in person, and I didn't have a lot of experience with Skype (ask Andy at Destroy the Brain! about that), but in the end, I think it went really well . . . We've been talking about my dropping by Dread Media again, and I'm looking forward to that!

Triple Combo Cast!

Muhahahahaha!

As for my choice of Dawn of the Dead as my least favorite remake - I hope I made it pretty clear that my dislike of that movie has more to do with what the film did to the zombie subgenre more than anything else. When I covered Zompire, The Undead Film Festival in Episode 16 of Mail Order Zombie I talked about my thoughts on the actual film a bit, adn the truth is, as a roller-coaster-style movie, it's not bad, especially if you watch it with a group of people, but I still maintain that it's fairly soulless and really doesn't leave you with much more than a slight sugar crash afterward whereas the original sticks with you . . .

I had a blast doing this show with Des. I, too, was a little worried since this was the first time we ever spoke in person, and I didn't have a lot of experience with Skype (ask Andy at Destroy the Brain! about that), but in the end, I think it went really well . . . We've been talking about my dropping by Dread Media again, and I'm looking forward to that!

Ok, this is bugging me. I'm currently listening to the episode. What the hell is trailer audio (I assume) between the 5 worst remakes and the Goblin song!??!?

Triple Combo Cast!

Muhahahahaha!

Ok, this is bugging me. I'm currently listening to the episode. What the hell is trailer audio (I assume) between the 5 worst remakes and the Goblin song!??!?

Ha! It's a quick clip from the beginning of the Dawn of the Dead remake trailer.

Triple Combo Cast!

Muhahahahaha!

Ha! It's a quick clip from the beginning of the Dawn of the Dead remake trailer.

Ah, yes. Silly me. I forgot how well done that trailer was. Actually, the teaser's use of Sparklehorse is better.