Inglorious Basterds

JackFetch

Quentin Tarantino is once more going into battle with the Weinstein Co. as he readies his new screenplay "Inglorious Bastards" for an October shoot.

The writer-director, who has enjoyed a long association with Harvey and Bob Weinstein, is reteaming with them for his long-gestating World War II action tale about a "Dirty Dozen"-like group of soldiers behind enemy lines. The Weinstein Co. will co-finance the film, distribute it domestically and oversee production and worldwide marketing.

Since the production will film in Europe and is looking toward an accelerated production schedule so that it can be finished in time to submit to May's Festival de Cannes, the Weinsteins are looking to join forces with a major studio to come aboard to co-finance in exchange for foreign rights.

No cast is yet in place, though Brad Pitt's name has surfaced.

Lawrence Bender, Tarantino's producer since the days of "Reservoir Dogs," will produce, with Erica Steinberg, who had producing roles on the "Kill Bill" movies and "Grindhouse," serving as exec producer.

Repped by WMA, Tarantino acquired the title and remake rights to Enzo Castellari's 1978 film of the same name, but his screenplay is said to be an original.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f724e567d5084e2

Tarrentino does WWII? That should be interesting.

Quentin Tarantino is once more going into battle with the Weinstein Co. as he readies his new screenplay "Inglorious Bastards" for an October shoot.

The writer-director, who has enjoyed a long association with Harvey and Bob Weinstein, is reteaming with them for his long-gestating World War II action tale about a "Dirty Dozen"-like group of soldiers behind enemy lines. The Weinstein Co. will co-finance the film, distribute it domestically and oversee production and worldwide marketing.

Since the production will film in Europe and is looking toward an accelerated production schedule so that it can be finished in time to submit to May's Festival de Cannes, the Weinsteins are looking to join forces with a major studio to come aboard to co-finance in exchange for foreign rights.

No cast is yet in place, though Brad Pitt's name has surfaced.

Lawrence Bender, Tarantino's producer since the days of "Reservoir Dogs," will produce, with Erica Steinberg, who had producing roles on the "Kill Bill" movies and "Grindhouse," serving as exec producer.

Repped by WMA, Tarantino acquired the title and remake rights to Enzo Castellari's 1978 film of the same name, but his screenplay is said to be an original.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...f724e567d5084e2

Tarrentino does WWII? That should be interesting.

It was the inspiration for the A-Team and if Tarantino can do a better job than Castellari, I'll eat my hat.

It was the inspiration for the A-Team and if Tarantino can do a better job than Castellari, I'll eat my hat.

If Tarantino can do a better job than Stephen J. Cannell, what will you eat?

Your mother's hat! Ay-oh!

Why, you...

• 3 weeks later...
Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards has landed at Universal Pictures, reports Variety.

The studio has signed a deal to partner with the Weinstein Company to bring the World War II drama to the big screen.

Tarantino and Harvey Weinstein met with five studios last week, and it came down to Paramount and Universal.

Tarantino has met with Brad Pitt to play the role of Aldo Raine and Leonardo DiCaprio to portray Nazi Hans Landa.

Shooting is scheduled to begin in the fall in Germany and France.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=47395

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw this about an hour ago.

I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. I thought Death Proof was boring, with the awesome car chase at the end being the only thing that redeemed it. So I came in a bit unsure of how much I’d ultimately enjoy it. But it was fantastic. The last hour or so just kept building the tension, right up until the awesome, gory finale.

In short: A++. Would watch again.

Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds dominated the weekend box office, earning an estimated $37.6 million domestically and $27.5 million internationally for a worldwide debut of $65.1 million. It's the biggest Tarantino opening ever at the domestic box office, beating Kill Bill Vol. 2's $25.1 million in 2004. "Basterds," which cost about $70 million to make, provided a much-needed boost for struggling domestic distributor The Weinstein Company, which co-financed the film with international distributor Universal Pictures.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=58296