E3 2008

JackFetch

E3 starts next week, so I figured I'd start a thread about it.

Monday 10:30am PT Microsoft press conference

Tuesday 9:00am PT Nintendo press conference

Tuesday 11:30am PT Sony press conference

All the press conferences will be shown on G4, and they promise no commercials this year. They can also be streamed on the web at various sites.

Any guesses on what games will be announced? I say Kingdom Hearts 3, and a release date for Home.

I guessing there's going to be a first person shooter involving a heavily armored bald space marine with an attitude.

Also, a third person action adventure where the main character is an omnipotent fighting force looking to overthrow the evil corporation that created him.

I guessing there's going to be a first person shooter involving a heavily armored bald space marine with an attitude.

Also, a third person action adventure where the main character is an omnipotent fighting force looking to overthrow the evil corporation that created him.

No interest in Dead Space D.W? I know it's set in space and everything, but the trailers so far have been pretty cool and it looks like it has a few interesting gameplay ideas. Completing puzzles in zero gravity, an interesting interface (his health is displayed on a screen on his back, and the remaining bullets are shown on a display on the gun), you can't pause the game to heal/switch weapons and have to do everything in real time. It could still end up being average, but I think it has a lot of potential.

No interest in Dead Space D.W? I know it's set in space and everything, but the trailers so far have been pretty cool and it looks like it has a few interesting gameplay ideas. Completing puzzles in zero gravity, an interesting interface (his health is displayed on a screen on his back, and the remaining bullets are shown on a display on the gun), you can't pause the game to heal/switch weapons and have to do everything in real time. It could still end up being average, but I think it has a lot of potential.

I did a Brainscan segment summing up my thoughts on Dead Space. In short, it's EA, it's space marines. I'll pass.

Also need to note that the Fall update will include optional game installs on the 360. That pretty much eliminates the disc swapping issue(unless you still have a 20 gb hard drive like me). It will also include 8 player chat, and Netflix streaming. You can stream movies with your friends and all be chatting together watching the same movie. All the fun of a party without all that annoying face to face contact.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wait...is Versus XIII coming, too? Because frankly, I'm more excited for Versus XIII than XIII.

Shinji Hashimoto of Square Enix said at the publisher's press conference today that plans for Final Fantasy Versus XIII to ship as a PlayStation 3 exclusive haven't changed. Of course, we have no inkling about what exactly Square Enix's plans for the title have been from the get go, as the core entry, FF XIII, has long been touted as coming "only to PlayStation 3."

http://kotaku.com/5025156/no-changes-on-fi...g-ps3-exclusive

My must haves are:

Fable 2 coming in October

Fallout 3 coming October 7th

Final Fantasy 13 coming next year

Resident Evil 5 coming March 13th

Spore coming September 7th

My might buys are:

Gears of War 2 coming November 7th

Little Big Planet coming October

Star Ocean: The Last Hope coming next year

The Last Remnant coming November 20th

Infinite Undiscovery coming September 1st

Way too many RPGs coming at once.

My letdowns:

Tomb Raider: Underworld coming November 18th - Looks just like the last one. Shooting at sharks under water?

inFamous coming next year - They liked Crackdown so much they made their own version and stole almost every part of the game.

Bionic Commando coming sometime - Boring

The Sims 3 coming next year - They made it a soap opera that only girls will enjoy playing.

Ghostbusters coming this winter - no multiplayer and looks boring. Seriously, how can you screw up a Ghostbusters game?

Nintendo - Where are the real games? Animal Crossing looks like ass.