Job application advice

SuaveStar

Hey, so i went into my local comic shop and a sign said that they are looking for part time staff. I asked for an application and they gave me one, i haven't filled it out yet, but will later. My problem is that right now I've went through a shitload of applications for jobs, and have been unsuccessful at the interview stage, or they just never got back to me which is normal, i know.

I'm here to ask for advice filling out this application, or anything else i should include, to make my application look really good and presentable.

My only real experience in working through customer service is working at football games and concerts as a food seller, three years ago. And also working for a supermarket for a month and a bit last October.

Please help with this as i really want this job.

Thanks anyone who reads and replies.

Might not sound like much, but make a copy of the application, and fill out everything on the backup first before filling out the real one. Helps with mistakes and neatness.

Other than that, not much I can say. A vast majority of job hirings just come down to pure dumb luck.

Might not sound like much, but make a copy of the application, and fill out everything on the backup first before filling out the real one. Helps with mistakes and neatness.

Other than that, not much I can say. A vast majority of job hirings just come down to pure dumb luck.

didn't think of that, thanks for the help D.W!

here's my CV i just updated it, i will be handing this in along with the application tomorrow afternoon.

Please say if it sounds good, crap or just shit.

Again thanks for any help.

Name: Just some guy

Address: a street, some place with a post code

Telephone: 0389-2978-283

Mobile: 0123456789

E-mail: myemail@email.co.uk

Personal Statement: For the past year I have been a student at the Glasgow College of Nautical Studies, doing a HND in Communication with Media. During my time studying subjects such as Radio Production and Magazine Journalism, I attended night classes in learning the art of stand up comedy. These classes help give me the confidence to go out in front of large groups of people, with nothing but my wits and try to entertain them. My main interests are watching movies and discussing with friends the movies and coming up with projects which we would write and direct ourselves.

I also like to read, my favourite types of books are autobiographies. My personal favourites are Steve Martin-Born Standing Up, and have A Nice Day by Mick Foley.

I feel that my best qualities are my ability to listen to others without judging them, and being able to persevere with any task, knowing that there is a goal that can be reached. I also like to get a job finished before I make a start on another one and I always finish a job fully.

Employment History:

a place

Job Title: Food and Retail Employee

Duties: My job was to sell the food and drinks to customers during football games. My main roles were to take the customer’s order, give the customers their orders. I would then use the till to find how much the order came to and accept payment from the customer and issue the appropriate amount of change.

a call centre agent at a place

Job Title: Inbound Win back Sales Advisor.

Duties: I would take calls from Ex-phone Customers and would give the customers offers to return to satellite TV. I would also set up direct debits for the customers and answer any questions they would have. I would also make outbound calls to customers making offers for them to return to satellite.

small shop a street, a city

Job title: Checkout assistant

Duties: I would be on the checkout and serving customers in high pressure situations as the queues for the tills would get very long during vary periods of the day. When the checkouts did not need to get manned, I would also stack shelves, check the dates on products, and update any offers on posters.

EDUCATION:

college building

Qualification: A qualification

Year: 2008

Grade: Pass

another college

Qualification: another qualification

Year: 2006

a college

Qualification:another qualification

Year: 2005

high school in a city

Qualifications: grades and such

Years: 1999-2005

Grades: Drama B, Higher Modern Studies B, Intermediate 2 Business Studies B, Intermediate 2 English C, Intermediate 2 Modern Studies C, Intermediate 1 English C

Edited by suavestar

Looks good; the only thing I'd suggest would be to make your personal statement shorter and more concise. You have that you did your studies in Nautical Studies etc. under Education; you don't need to have it on there twice.

Otherwise, it looks good.

Looks good; the only thing I'd suggest would be to make your personal statement shorter and more concise. You have that you did your studies in Nautical Studies etc. under Education; you don't need to have it on there twice.

Otherwise, it looks good.

Yeah your right Boston Dan, I'll just take out the start bit about studying at that college as it is repetitive. Thanks for reading it, and for giving me advice.

Here's hoping the jobs still their!

I feel the need to point out that putting that much personal information on a web forum might not be such a good idea. You might want to change the identifying stuff, like your name, phone numbers, and address to fake ones.

yeah, i just copied and pasted the info from a word document. Anyway, I just took down the personal information part, thank god you noticed cause i sure as hell didn't.

I feel the need to point out that putting that much personal information on a web forum might not be such a good idea. You might want to change the identifying stuff, like your name, phone numbers, and address to fake ones.

yeah, i just copied and pasted the info from a word document. Anyway, I just took down the personal information part, thank god you noticed cause i sure as hell didn't.

I had a roommate that was an identity thief, so I know the tricks they use.

I had a roommate that was an identity thief, so I know the tricks they use.

Oh. thanks for the warning!

I took down all of the personal info.