E3 Discussion

Adam

What does everyone think about the E3 news Nintendo dropped? I never thought in my days I would see a GTA title for a Nintendo console (ok so it's for the DS but that is still fucking awesome).

I don't know what I think about Wii Music or Wii Sports Resort, but the Wii Speak and the Wii Motion Plus look pretty awesome. I wasn't a fan of Animal Crossing for the cube but this one for the Wii might make me a fan.

Welcome to the forums, Adam.

As for GTA and Nintendo, Grand Theft Auto and Grand Theft Auto II were both released on the GameBoy Color, and then there was GTA Advance for the GBA.

I might give the DS game a look, but, really, I'm tired of the franchise at the moment.

Nintendo might as well not even shown up as bad as their conference was. Reggie when asked on G4 "what do you think about all the core gamers that feel left out by Nintendo" has the balls to say "I don't know why they feel left out with titles like Animal Crossing". Animal fucking Crossing. With no upgraded graphics. What year do they think this is?

When they announced the Wii MotionPlus they basically said they didn't get it right the first time.

Where was Zelda, Mario, and any other game that people besides 12 year olds and soccer moms want to play?

The speaker attachment is basically a cell phone speakerphone and is ridiculous. If you can get the friend codes of anybody to play with you'll be yelling at the tv to talk to anyone, and they probably won't hear you anyways.

The Wii Music demo was the worst thing I've ever seen at an E3 conference. It sounded(and looked) like retarded monkeys playing the Mario theme.

My bad Yoda, I never owned those portables and those were the days before the newer format introduced with GTA III right? I guess that's what I was trying to get at.

Animal Crossing sounds interesting enough, but it doesn't compare to other games like Gears 2 and Resistance 2. I am worried that the Wii is going to become too peripheral heavy (it already is pretty much, that's how they make the big bucks) to the point where we now have a Wiispeak, and a wii motion plus. The Wiispeak is pretty cool, but not for a game like Animal Crossing. I'd like to tell a friend to eat it when I'm kicking his ass at Brawl or something, not ask him how his day was while playing Animal Crossing.

EDIT: Aaaaaand, supposedly a lot of people were upset about the rumors stating there would be a new Kid Icarus game for Wii that would be introduced but the fans got nothing.

I think you are right Fetch, last year they had Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii which were pretty impressive, but there isn't that one game to make everyone go WOW! I'm not asking for a Zelda or a Mario, but maybe another franchise getting a facelift.

Like I said, the system is becoming peripheral hell which is going to disappoint people as the system gets older and people have to buy 3 or 4 add-ons in order to buy a single game. The motion plus add-on itself will probably cost $20 each which is insane.

And yeah, they announced Kid Icarus after the conference, but what the fuck is the point?

The one thing I'm looking forward to is Mega Man 9.