Episode 61

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick gets heretical on ya and reviews two very different nunsploitation films: Nympha and Last House on the Beach. The animals attack novella Changing of Faces by Tim Lebbon is reviewed, along with Monster-Size Hulk #1 from Marvel Comics. DW returns with an edition of Brainscan reviewing Zombie Revenge for the Dreamcast. Before leaving, Desmond also regales you with his top three Halloween moments in his lifetime. Tunes include: "Kiss the Feet of the Nuns" by Bible Launcher, "Funland at the Beach" by Dead Kennedys, "Human Animal" by Biohazard, "Monsters Keep Me Company" by Lordi and "Halloween 1963" and "The Shape Stalks Laurie" by John Carpenter. [ 1:03:19 || 28.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_061.mp3

Nunsploitation might be the greatest word ever. And whilst I don't know the ins and the outs of the genre, could "nunsploitation" elements be prevalent in "The Monk" by Matthew Lewis? If I ever think of monastic deviance (and it's not as often as you might think), I think of that novel.

Good show made a bit greater by the presence of Lordi. :)

Naturally - diction and vocabulary are both heightened when two people in the Commonwealth converse! That or I mightily dress up my language and it rubs off slightly!

As for Lordi, my fandom is pretty much solely based off the aforementioned Eurovision Song Contest as heavy/death metal isn't quite my bag. Good tune here, though.

Naturally - diction and vocabulary are both heightened when two people in the Commonwealth converse! That or I mightily dress up my language and it rubs off slightly!

As for Lordi, my fandom is pretty much solely based off the aforementioned Eurovision Song Contest as heavy/death metal isn't quite my bag. Good tune here, though.

Indeed.

Heretofore you shall be called Lord Slothian. Or Lordi Slothian! <chortle>

Heavy/death metal? Come on, Ian! These guys are hard rock at best. They may look like they play death metal but they are clearly Alice Cooper meets Motorhead.