'Nuff Said!

This Sunday I'll be launching my new podcast entitled 'Nuff Said, which will cover Marvel's comic book output from 1961 to the early 1970s. At the top of the month, I'll cover the origins of two Marvel heroes or villains. I'll then spend an episode each covering three or four stories featuring the heroes or villains. They could be one in dones or a multi issue storyarc. Since Marvel is reprinting them with remastered colors, the final regular slot will be filled with reviews of the Tales of Asgard stories that appeared in Thor. In months with five sundays, I'll devote an episode to covering a modern book influenced by the Silver Age or a book written about Silver Age Marvel comics. And yes, you can expect to hear me rant on the recent Age of The Sentry mini-series. I'll also be running down any Silver Age reprints that are due out on Wednesday each week. The sparse at the moment website can be found here and I'll be updating the thread when the show appears on iTunes. Below is the schedule for the first month:

Episode 0 - An Introduction

Episode 1 - Thoughts on The Marvel Vault, Fantastic Four #1, and Tales To Astonish #27 (first appearance of Hank Pym)

Episode 2 - Fantastic Four #s 2, 5, 8, and 13

Episode 3 - Ant-Man/Giant-Man stories from Tales To Astonish #s 35, 44, and 49

Episode 4 - Tales of Asgard stories from Journey Into Mystery #97-104

Why didn't I think of Nuff Said?! :laugh:

It slipped right by me as well. :blush:

Let me know if you need any help.

If I make it to #25, I was thinking about asking a certain Kirby fan if he would be game to discuss a certain trilogy featuring a big purple guy.

Episode 0 is up! In this introductory episode, I give a brief overview of Marvel's Silver Age, recalls how I got into the era, and runs down some of my favorite artists and titles from the Marvel Age of Comics.

All feedback, positive or negative, is welcome. Especially concerning the intro*. I thought it would be cool in theory, but I'm not so sure about execution. Feedback can be sent to nuffsaidcomiccast@gmail.com.

*Special thanks to Earth-2 Overlord Michael Sims for his indirect help with the intro.

Listening right now.

Liked the intro.

Are you going to do an episode dedicated to Jack Kirby leaving Marvel and why he left. I would like to hear more about this and how his leaving helped create the fourth world, and ah screw it, hi Des!

Also it's funny how DC are now copying the doing the co-feature thing with characters now, like the question, blue beetle.

So far, I like it. It's nice how it's accesible to someone like me, who doesn't really read marvel and doesn't know much of the history and you seem to have prepared in advance and know exactly what your saying, yet still keep it in a conversational style, which is hard for one man shows.

Are you going to do an episode dedicated to Jack Kirby leaving Marvel and why he left. I would like to hear more about this and how his leaving helped create the fourth world, and ah screw it, hi Des!

I can definitely see going into more detail on the different changes that signaled the end of the Silver Age and the beginning of the Bronze Age. And why Kirby left might be a good discussion point when I get Des on the show.

Also it's funny how DC are now copying the doing the co-feature thing with characters now, like the question, blue beetle.

Well to be fair, the anthology concept is not a new one. Action Comics and Detective Comics both had a number of 5-10 page stories featuring different characters until they became solely dedicated to Superman and Batman. And while they say they're co-features, it's still more of a feature and back-up story deal. The main story is the standard 22 pages and the back-up is 10 I believe. Now to take Tales to Astonish for example, the Sub-Mariner feature ran 12 pages and the Hulk feature ran 10, so they were closer together in page count and more of a co-feature in that respect. Also, the co-features either alternated covers or split covers while I expect the main feature to maintain the cover. Now comparatively, you are getting more story in the DC books. Of course, comics cost 12 cents back then so I would rather have that than the extra page count now. :happy:

So far, I like it. It's nice how it's accesible to someone like me, who doesn't really read marvel and doesn't know much of the history and you seem to have prepared in advance and know exactly what your saying, yet still keep it in a conversational style, which is hard for one man shows.

If I succeeded in making it accessible, the zero episode did its job. Thanks Suave.

Another Wednesday release this week unfortunately. The weekend was a lot busier than I anticipated.

I really enjoyed the zero episode Koete!

Got to learn a lot about you and your tastes. While I am not a fan of Spider-Man, I think Ditko's Dr. Strange is one of the greatest runs of all time. Beautiful stuff.

Did I hear a very familiar drum in the intro or was it just me?

Got to learn a lot about you and your tastes. While I am not a fan of Spider-Man, I think Ditko's Dr. Strange is one of the greatest runs of all time. Beautiful stuff.

Definitely. Ditko is most well known for his work on Amazing Spider-Man, but I think his Doctor Strange stories were the highlight of his time at Marvel. The dimensions he crafted were pure genius, as was his design for Eternity. Sometimes I'll pull my Dr. Strange Masterwork off the shelf just to look at the artwork. I can't wait to start reviewing his run after the Tales of Asgard stories wrap up.

Did I hear a very familiar drum in the intro or was it just me?

I listened back to the intro, but couldn't identify the drum you mentioned.

Suavestar, you know you don't need the podcast to be on iTunes to subscribe with iTunes don't you? I just went to the Nuff Said site, hit the rss button, copy and pasted the url for the rss feed and put it into the box that pops up in iTunes when you hit ctrl+U. Boom! Subscribed.