The King and I

Dread

Here's the scoop kiddies!

The King and I, as I've told Mike, is going into hyperdrive in an attempt to make it very regular. I thought I would start a pattern to give equal exposure to Marvel/DC/indie work.

Right now the plan is:

-a DC book

-a Marvel book

-an indie/legacy work.

For example, Thursday, Demon #1 hits the mainpage. Next will be a Marvel story and following that, a legacy story.

What do you guys want to see covered?

I love Jack Kirby's The Demon and I am very much looking forward to The Demon review for Thursday. Aside from the Demon, I don't know much else about Kirby's creations, so I am interested to learn more about them and possibly add them to my collection.

I love Jack Kirby's The Demon and I am very much looking forward to The Demon review for Thursday. Aside from the Demon, I don't know much else about Kirby's creations, so I am interested to learn more about them and possibly add them to my collection.

Note to all: Erin Rocks! You might enjoy the latest one on Etrigan as it might be the best yet.

When you say "legacy work," do you mean those creators he's influenced? If so, how about a look at Mike Allred or a book like Godland?

I'd also like to see you examine the various takes on the Inhumans, starting with the Marvel Knights series by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee.

With all of the Captain America buzz lately, a look at Avengers #4 would be fitting.

Noted. I think a Captain Ameristravaganza is due around the fourth of July...hint hint

When you say "legacy work," do you mean those creators he's influenced? If so, how about a look at Mike Allred or a book like Godland?

Yes. And those who took over from him as well. Mike Allred is definitely on the short list. In fact, I want to cover all of the Dark Horse Legends guys at some point and one is coming sooner than Allred.

I'd also like to see you examine the various takes on the Inhumans, starting with the Marvel Knights series by Paul Jenkins and Jae Lee.

On the docket. I think I might cover Kirby's Inhumans Masterwork first.

Good suggestions folks. Keep 'em comin'!

• 2 weeks later...

I recently finished Secrets In The Shadows (which I'll be singing the praises of elsewhere) and one of the anecdotes that stuck out to me concerned an issue of Tomb of Dracula inked by Vince Colleta. Now I had heard stories of both Vince's speed and his tendency to erase the pencils of the artist he was inking, but I never knew of a detailed incident until reading this one (except for Steve Ditko throwing away any comp comics inked by Vince right in front of Stan). I now have a firm opinion on Colleta's inking and I would be quite interested to read a Kirbyphile's analysis of Colleta's inking of Kirby.

• 4 weeks later...