The King and I: Kaiju Kirby - The Stone Age

RSS

Most Atlas-era aficionados and hardcore Marvel fans will already know that the green-skinned goliath was not the first creature created by Jack Kirby to be called The Hulk. Few will remember the much more interesting and far cooler Marvel namesake progenitor: Colossus. Way before the steel Soviet sprung from the pages of Giant-Sized X-Men #1, the shadow of the Colossus already spread far across the landscape of the Marvel Universe's Soviet Union.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/reddick/the-king-and-i-12

I was told there would be no math. :angel:

Good stuff Des. I grabbed the Marvel Monster Masterworks off my shelf to see if the Colossus story was reprinted within, but alas, it was not. I'll be on the lookout for the Monsters On The Prowl reprint the next time I go back issue buying.

Good read, not a big giant monster attacks person personally, but enjoyed this, though I have to ask if this was an error or not:

So, in all, the Colossus goes back and forth from 100-ish feet to at least 1500 feet over the course of the story. Talk about inconsistency! In the span of two pages, the Colossus crushes a submarine in one hand, rides a fighter jet into the atmosphere, then swats them out of the sky King King-style. It's all a little too much.

Sorry, if it's not an error.

Other than that, really good.

I was told there would be no math. :angel:

Good stuff Des. I grabbed the Marvel Monster Masterworks off my shelf to see if the Colossus story was reprinted within, but alas, it was not. I'll be on the lookout for the Monsters On The Prowl reprint the next time I go back issue buying.

Thanks Koete. I really debated even going in-depth on that point in this column but I felt that since it was the one stumbling block, it needed to be ranted against.

Sorry, if it's not an error.

Other than that, really good.

One gets used to typing "King." :blush: