Episode 97

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick sits down with Darryll to talk about the classic cult Hammer Film The Wicker Man. Then Desmond presents the second installation of Dying in the Gutters with Greg Ruth's Sudden Gravity: A Tale of the Panopticon. Tunes to be had: "Sacrifice" by Danzig, "Wicker Man" by Iron Maiden, "Crazy" by Mushroomhead and "Room 13" by Corey Taylor. [ 1:00:31 || 27.9 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_097.mp3

Mother. Fuck.

Wicker Man is not a Hammer Film. I knew it and for some reason I didn't. Thanks go to Thomas from Better in the Dark for pointing out the dumbassery.

There will be reparations. Horror Express will get its commentary and, Suavestar, there's news of another commentary in this episode.

Mother. Fuck.

Wicker Man is not a Hammer Film. I knew it and for some reason I didn't. Thanks go to Thomas from Better in the Dark for pointing out the dumbassery.

There will be reparations. Horror Express will get its commentary and, Suavestar, there's news of another commentary in this episode.

Excuse me? You made me sit through 90 minutes of great acting, engrossing story and Britt Ekland's breasts and it's not even a Hammer film?

Fuck you, sir.

Mother. Fuck.

Excuse me? You made me sit through 90 minutes of great acting, engrossing story and Britt Ekland's breasts and it's not even a Hammer film?

Fuck you, sir.

If we'd seen her ass and not a stunt ass, it would have been Hammer.

Crazy has got to be one of the most frequently covered songs of all time. Even my short lived band in college covered it, though I've been looking for that Mushroomhead version forever.

Mother. Fuck.

Horror Express isn't a Hammer film either. Between that, and the 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' mess-up (Keanu wasn't cast because of 'Speed'. That didn't come for another few years. Keanu was hot because of 'Bill and Ted'), I find I tend to listen to the movie parts of these with equal parts enjoyment and wishing that you had IMDB open while you record. (Edit - hmmm. That sounds harsher than it was intended to. The point is more that you tend to go from memory more than is perhaps useful)

As a trivia point, the reason Britt Ekland didn't go fully nude was that her boyfriend at the time was pissed off with the idea that she would go fully nude around a camera crew, but was fine with her going topless (I think). Ekland had no idea that a body double was being used - the double hid in a car, and they pretended to wrap up for the day. Britt would leave, and the double came in. Ekland was mainly annoyed because the double was rather more ample in the arse department.

I'll trade genuine banter over reading off of imdb anyday. Other horror podcasts do that and try to pass it off as knowledge but it is easy to tell.

I've already made it pretty clear that I know fuck-all about Hammer so mistakes are gonna happen.

Thanks for chiming in.

Oh, I'm not saying read from the page, and pretend you knew it all, or anything like that. The banter's the same reason I said 'enjoyment'. At the same time, I sometimes find that people checking things can be part of the banter.

Oh, and the remake? Worse than you think, I promise you. Much worse.