Is It Wednesday Yet?

RSS

I'm getting greek street from DCBS and waiting for the trade on Justice League.

So basically, these are both trade waiters?

Cry for Justice from the description wasn't what I was expecting, I thought it would've replaced the now dying JLA, but they've decided to keep that on, maybe that affected Robinsons writing somewhat.

It's starting to feel lonely in IIWY. :(

Greek Street could be worth a look once it's had time to develop, you're right, potentially good TPB material. Cry for Justice a bit less so, but that might just be my traditional anti-DC bias talking again. If it were all like the first scene, the book would've been terrific.

Quick question on the premise of Greek Street - is it basically Greek Gods living in a modern day world?

Also, Cry for Justice sounds interesting. A little disappointed in myself for not putting it on my summer pull list, but then, it sounds like I should wait for the trade, anyways.

Quick question on the premise of Greek Street - is it basically Greek Gods living in a modern day world?

Well, not gods per se. At least, if we've met anyone who's immortal, they haven't revealed that aspect of themselves yet. Milligan does a good job of keeping it grounded in reality - the mythological inspirations are there if you're looking for them, but it works fine as a crazy, twisted modern drama too. You don't need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of the source to enjoy it, but it makes the experience more enlightening.

Although I'm sure they'll get involved sooner or later, provided the story stays true to its roots, the gods really don't have much of a presence in the first issue, either directly or indirectly. I'm sure it could turn out that one of the (soon to be) warring gangs are helmed or manipulated by a higher power, but for the moment it's left ambiguous.