Episode 363

RSS

Peter Parker sticks it to Norman Osborn (Dark Reign: The List - The Amazing Spider-Man), the Image founders reunite in a unique manner (Image United #1), the Inhumans struggle to keep the cosmos safe (Realm of Kings: Inhumans #1), The Tick celebrates Christmas in his new series (The Tick New Series #1), and J. Michael Straczynski ends his run on Thor (Thor Giant-Sized Finale). [ 1:08:36 || 31.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_363.mp3

I'd like to try and cover the Spider-man clothes thing.

In the cartoon, in one episode he made an web bag to keep his street clothes in and when he was done web swinging, he'd go to the place he hid them and change into them.

If your wondering why wouldn't a villian follow him when doing this, it was covered, Norman Osborne did and that caused his death in the cartoon.

90's cartoon.

You can't reinvent the Peter-Norman relationship because Norman doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man post-OMD.

We're talking about two different things Koete. If your still talking to me and not about what's being discussed on the show.

Mike said during the cast about Peter going from webswinging to being in street clothes, and said how did that happen, it made no sense cause Peter didn't have his street clothes underneath his suit. Hearing that, I remembered how the cartoon covered that, by having Peter have a web bag he put his street clothes in. I also remembered mid typing that that was the same episode where Norman found out who Peter was.

I'm just trying to say, it may not be said on panel that Peter did that, it could just be a continuity fuck up, but it's what could have happened if you were to look into it way too much.

In the cartoon, in one episode he made an web bag to keep his street clothes in and when he was done web swinging, he'd go to the place he hid them and change into them.

But he didn't expect to fight Norman, and even if he did he didn't know where the fight would take him. There's no way he could have known where to plant his clothes.

First, why the hell did Mike advertise Ultimate X #1?

Just 'cause I dislike a creator doesn't mean all the listeners do. There are Loeb fans out there, and I wanted to let them know about this new series and it's $0.99 price through DCBS.

But he didn't expect to fight Norman, and even if he did he didn't know where the fight would take him. There's no way he could have known where to plant his clothes.

Fair, was just looking to give the comic some leeway.

For the next episode of 1st issue, will you guys cover DC holiday special and the Batman 80 page giant?

You can't reinvent the Peter-Norman relationship because Norman doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man post-OMD.

We're talking about two different things Koete. If your still talking to me and not about what's being discussed on the show.

Mike said during the cast about Peter going from webswinging to being in street clothes, and said how did that happen, it made no sense cause Peter didn't have his street clothes underneath his suit. Hearing that, I remembered how the cartoon covered that, by having Peter have a web bag he put his street clothes in. I also remembered mid typing that that was the same episode where Norman found out who Peter was.

I'm just trying to say, it may not be said on panel that Peter did that, it could just be a continuity fuck up, but it's what could have happened if you were to look into it way too much.

Completely different topic hence the separate post.

That renders the character fucking moot as far as I'm concerned.

The big baddie of the Marvel U is a guy who dresses in green and purple. Somebody punch him in the face.

You're right. We are agreeing too much.

I don't like that kind of ambiguity in the Norman-Peter relationship. Peter should always clearly take the high road when it comes to Norman's mind games and attacks on him. It's why Norman never wins.

Of course right now, there is no Norman-Peter relationship so such a moment wouldn't have much weight even if they did go through with it.

I see where you're coming from, but I still like the idea. :D

Speaking of ending Dark Reign, excluding Spider-Man, there are three people who should bring Osborn down, with each one having his own reasons and outcome due to it:

Steve Rogers

What better way for him to return than by having Steve Rogers bring Osborn and HAMMER to its knees? With Bucky acting as Captain America, Steve can re-form SHIELD and take the head seat.

Nick Fury

He knew something was wrong with the system, yet he was taken out of power before he could do anything about it. By exposing and killing Norman, Fury could help heal the world by leading SHIELD once more.

Tony Stark

Same as Fury, really, except the killing him part.

I think Fury would come off to me as a massive waste. If this is really the story that "everything has been leading up to", then I would hope that we actually end up in a different place than where this all started.

Honestly, it's probably going to be Stark. They use it as his redemption for Civil War and have him front and center again just in time for the new movie.