Episode 139

RSS

In this massive vampire-themed episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick is proud to present an interview with stand-up comedy and acting legend Kevin Pollak about his directorial debut, Vamped Out. Then Tom Deja from Better in the Dark joins us for a discussion about Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter. And Darryll joins us for a discussion about the softcore lesbian vampire epic Vampyres. Then Desmond goes solo on a review of FVZA #3 from Radical Comics before Megan joins him for a review of the novel Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Tunes include: "Dad and Halloween" by Kevin Pollak, "Suburban Vampire" by The Browns, "Looking for Blood" by The Donnas, "Vampira" by Devin Townsend Band, "Drain the Blood" by The Distillers, "The Hunter" by Danzig, and "Let the Blood Run Red" by Thor. Check out Vamped Out at www.babelgum.com/vampedout. And buy Dark: A Horror Anthology at www.createspace.com/3445511. And check out Desmond's new column "Postcards from the Event Horizon" at www.revolutionsf.com. [ 2:02:03 || 56.0 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_139.mp3

Great interview, Des! You really held your own with Pollak. I loved your Larry King impression at the end.

One thing, though. Pollak mentioned that he knew right away that the concept for VAMPED OUT was a web series. I was hoping you would have asked what he thought marked a story idea as ideal for the web as opposed to television. I would guess it's a fairly fine distinction and I would have liked to have heard that discussion.

Besides that minor quibble I thought it was a great listen and I loved hearing his thoughts on the USUAL SUSPECTS. Good work!

Great stuff. That interview has to be the biggest, in terms of name, you've ever done.

I hope to one day record a podcast that so effortlessly combines lesbian vampires, Abe Lincoln, Walken impressions, and references to Black Belt magazine.

Just googled Caroline Munro. Yowza.

The Larry King game is an epic thread in the making.

Ha! Thanks.

This episode was the biggest bitch to edit. The wonkiest audio and I cut the Vampyres review down by about 6 minutes. To be fair, it was six minutes of drooling over hot lesbian vampires. Tom's portion was cut by about 12 minutes. Lots of tangents in that one, sorry Tom.

SIX MINUTES?! SIX WHOLE FUCKING MINUTES?! Why not just take my first born while you're at it?!

All I gotta' say is, it better show up in the deleted scenes of the 200th anniversary episode audio blu ray.

Here's a sneak peek:

"Well, Des, allow me to reiterate what I was saying not more than five, five and a half minutes ago. It is my considered and balanced opinion that hot lesbian vampires are indeed hot.... (audible drooling) .... "