Episode 426

RSS

Good show guys. I like the idea that you're returning to the old three book format and going monthly, I think you get a better selection of books to choose from that way, although I hope it doesn't restrict you to the bigger publishers heavily promoted stuff. Excited to hear about the new segment too, even though I've no clue what it might be about.

The segment should be renamed "Suavestar Presents: Waiting For The Trade." ;)

I like it!!

I'm looking forward to the new segment, and yeah Nguyen is a different artist, but I like his style, even if the heads are a bit stonehenge. The main issue I would have with the SOG story is the reason I don't care about it, or Sirens, fill-in writers who come from nowhere. Also, the end of the children storyline Dini was doing, kind of sounded shit at the end of the day.

I also got my wish, and you're going back to three books! Yay.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah that was dumb.

Damien is actually a lot more developed through Batman and Robin. People who see and write him SOLELY as the kid who first appeared in Batman and Son shouldn't see that as his character.

I think fans wouldn't hate him so much if they read Batman and Robin too. His conversation with Talia in #12 and asking about Alfred in the "Batman and Robin Must Die" arc show how far he's come since his introduction.

• 1 month later...

Yeah that was dumb.

Damien is actually a lot more developed through Batman and Robin. People who see and write him SOLELY as the kid who first appeared in Batman and Son shouldn't see that as his character.

I think fans wouldn't hate him so much if they read Batman and Robin too. His conversation with Talia in #12 and asking about Alfred in the "Batman and Robin Must Die" arc show how far he's come since his introduction.

YES! Damian in Batman and Robin 1-16 has been amazing. And the moment you're referring to with Talia was one of the greatest of Damian's character moments to date. My favorite though has got to be when he explains his analysis of the Joker TO THE JOKER. Great stuff.