Episode 04

RSS

Ian Wilson fights through his flu to join Dave Probert for two more episodes of Blake's 7. In "Mission to Destiny," Avon and Cally hunt a murderer on a sabotaged ship while the Liberator embarks on a mercy mission. And in "Duel," Blake and Travis are forced into a fight to the death by ethereal beings who have clearly watched the Star Trek episode "Arena." They also discuss religions based on The Shawshank Redemption, a Blake's 7 version of The Benny Hill Show, and Ian is greatly disturbed by a picture of a 1970s Doctor Who monster. Which one? You'll have to listen to find out. [ 1:33:12 || 42.6 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/shakeandblake/episodes/shakeandblake_004.mp3

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have much to say in regards to the episode. Just keep up the great work and hope you feel better soon Ian!

CoolB

p.s. Booster Gold rocks!

Ian what can i say? "Historians are professional bullshitters?!" I have been a history teacher for over 20 years! The vagueness is great. The fact that opinion rules rather than the specifics of 1 + 1 = 2. So, thinking on it , we do it so well.

great cast gents.

Neil

Don't have much to say in regards to the episode. Just keep up the great work and hope you feel better soon Ian!

CoolB

p.s. Booster Gold rocks!

Ian what can i say? "Historians are professional bullshitters?!" I have been a history teacher for over 20 years! The vagueness is great. The fact that opinion rules rather than the specifics of 1 + 1 = 2. So, thinking on it , we do it so well.

great cast gents.

Neil

Hey, I totally agree! I am proud of my 2:1 for BA History - especially given the relative amount of work I put into it was more deserving of a 2:2. But my impressive bull-shitting ability, that would have doomed me in a language or science-related degree, got me a respectable grade!

Cheers for the feedback!

Not only have Dave & I now recorded the episode containing said "belters", I've been spurred on by my travlogue to create something special for the ending. It's too early to tell if it'll be a triumph (like the I-Wizzle recordings) or a hideous embarrassment (the Dread Media yoghurt minute), but all I'll say is that Will Ackerman does not have the Extra Lives competition in the bag just yet....

Not only have Dave & I now recorded the episode containing said "belters", I've been spurred on by my travelogue to create something special for the ending. It's too early to tell if it'll be a triumph (like the I-Wizzle recordings) or a hideous embarrassment (the Dread Media yoghurt minute), but all I'll say is that Will Ackerman does not have the Extra Lives competition in the bag just yet....

Oh, you talk big now but wait until I go back in time to shoot Archduke Ferdinand and spark World War 1 just so I can rearrange the bodies so they say, "Listen to Extra Lives" when viewed from orbit by the watching aliens in orbit who then tell all their allies to listen to a podcast that won't exist for 96 years. They'll spend all that time creating a civilization centered around Extra Lives only to realize that they've waited all these years for talks about bananas so they self-destruct, until a ship crashes into Earth so it can be reverse-engineered into our ticket to the stars. So, yeah, Ian, just try to top that, just try.

Also, don't point out that if I have time travel capabilities, why don't I just pop into the future and hide Extra Lives propaganda in all historical artwork. I tried. Let's just say that the Ninja Turtles lived up to their namesakes.