2011-2012 Television Season

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that DC's said that this series won't interfere with any plans for a WW movie, I have less ambivalence toward the show.

I'm totally down for this now. If only because it's entirely dedicated to showing off a hot chick in a Wonder Woman costume running and jumping and fighting all the time.

Now I understand why all the female fans of Smallville actually think the show's awesome: they're just staring at Tom Welling the entire time.

Now I understand why all the female fans of Smallville actually think the show's awesome: they're just staring at Lionel's hair the entire time.

smallville-lionel-luthor.jpg

:yes:

Give me alcohol enough and I can take most anything. xD

*Paging Adham Fisher.....*

Ian, I like you and all, but seriously, go fuck yourself. :P

Sources confirm to TVLine that Chuck has cheated death once again and will return for a fifth season this fall.

NBC declined to comment, but I hear the Peacock is nearing a deal with producer Warner Bros. to bring the show back for at least 13 episodes.

Another NBC bubble show, Parenthood, is also nearing an official season 3 pickup — and this would likely be for a full 22 episodes.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/breaking-chuck-spies-season-5-pickup/

Also from the same website:

Fox went on a killing spree late Tuesday, canceling five bubble shows including Human Target and Lie to Me.

The network also axed freshman comedies Breaking In and Traffic Light as well as Shield creator Shawn Ryan’s rookie cop drama The Chicago Code.

The cancellations come one week before Fox is set to unveil its fall schedule to advertisers.

Fox, however, was also in the mood for addition as well as subtraction, granting orders to several new series including the Bones spinoff and J.J. Abrams’ Alcatraz.

That thunderous pop you just head was the sound of ABC dropping pretty much every single one of its bubble shows at once.

The network has reportedly canceled most of its lowest-rated series, including veterans 'Brothers & Sisters' and 'V' as well as newbies 'Off the Map,' 'No Ordinary Family,' 'Detroit 187,' 'Better With You' and 'Mr. Sunshine.'

Though it was speculated recently that 'Brothers & Sisters' could get an abridged season pickup, it turns out that star Rachel Griffiths' jokes about being unemployed are true after all. The fifth season -- now series -- finale aired last Sunday night.

Meanwhile, the second season (and now series) finale of 'V' aired back in March.

As for the five freshmen series, none of them made a big enough impression, ratings-wise, for ABC to justify keeping them on the schedule (although 'Better With You' did make an impressive last-minute push with a 19 percent increase in ratings for the season finale).

On a brighter note, those seven vacant slots on the schedule have made room for ABC to pick up nine new shows, including a 'Charlie's Angels' reboot, a new Tim Allen sitcom, 'Good Christian Bitches' (now 'Good Christian Belles') and more. The network has also renewed 'Shark Tank' for a third season.

And then there's the two newbie shows that did make it -- the comedy 'Happy Endings' and drama 'Body of Proof.' Both shows haven't been the highest rated, but the buzz (and genuine hilarity) surrounding 'Happy Endings' and the strong cast of 'Body of Proof' (anchored by Dana Delany and Jeri Ryan) seemed to help save them for a second season.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/05/13/abc-cancels-brothers-and-sisters-v-off-the-map/

NBC has released it's Fall Schedule.

NBC FALL 2011-12 SCHEDULE (New programs in UPPER CASE)

MONDAY

8-10 p.m. – The Sing-Off

10-11 p.m. – THE PLAYBOY CLUB

TUESDAY

8-10 p.m. – The Biggest Loser

10-11 p.m. – Parenthood

WEDNESDAY

8-8:30 p.m. – UP ALL NIGHT

8:30-9 p.m. – FREE AGENTS

9-10 p.m. -- Harry’s Law

10-11 p.m. -- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

THURSDAY

8-8:30 p.m. – Community

8:30-9 p.m. -- Parks and Recreation

9-9:30 p.m. – The Office

9:30-10 p.m. – WHITNEY

10-11 p.m. – PRIME SUSPECT

FRIDAY

8-9 p.m. – Chuck

9-10 p.m. – GRIMM

10-11 p.m. – Dateline NBC

SATURDAY

Encore programming

SUNDAY

7- 8:15 p.m. -- Football Night in America

8:15-11:30 p.m. -- NBC Sunday Night Football

NBC 2012 MID-SEASON HIGHLIGHTS

SUNDAY

7-8 p.m. – Dateline NBC

8-10 p.m. – The Celebrity Apprentice

10-11 p.m. – THE FIRM

MONDAY

8-10 p.m. – The Voice

10-11 p.m. – SMASH

Source along with descriptions of the new programs.

Now that I see it, NBC, I got a quick question: WHERE THE FUCK IS 30 ROCK!?!?!?!

Edited to add: Just saw Mid-Season. Still, kinda sad.

Edited by dc20willsave

Why the hell did they move Chuck to the Friday death spot?

Let me save you the trouble. This is the only new show that sounds decent.

‘GRIMM’ -- “Grimm” is a new drama series inspired by the classic Grimm's Fairy Tales. Remember the fairy tales your parents used to tell you before bedtime? Those weren’t stories -- they were warnings. Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli “Turn The Beat Around”) thought he prepared himself for the realities of working as a homicide detective until he started seeing things he couldn’t quite explain. When his ailing Aunt Marie (guest star Kate Burton, “Grey’s Anatomy”) arrives, Nick's life turns upside down when she reveals they are descendants of an elite group of hunters, also known as “Grimms,” who fight to keep the balance of humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world. As Nick digs deeper into her past, he realizes that he will have to shoulder the responsibility of his ancestors -- and contend with a larger-than-life mythology of the Brothers Grimm that is now all too real. Russell Hornsby (“Lincoln Heights”), Bitsie Tulloch (“Quarterlife”), Silas Weir Mitchell (“Prison Break”), Reggie Lee (“Persons Unknown”) and Sasha Roiz (“Caprica”) also star. “Grimm” is a production of Universal Media Studios and Hazy Mills Productions. Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner (“Hot in Cleveland”) serve as executive producers, Jim Kouf (“National Treasure,” “Angel”) and David Greenwalt (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel”) are the creators/executive producers and Marc Buckland (“My Name Is Earl”) is the director.

Why the hell did they move Chuck to the Friday death spot?

Because, honestly, It's Chuck's last season anyway.

My thoughts on NBC: I will probably try Prime Suspects, mainly since I loved the original version. That said, it'll be tough to see if it's even remotely as good as The Closer which is basically already an American Prime Suspects. Playboy Club is not long for this world. I'm surprised it's taken them this long to try and grab onto Glee's formula and I want Smash to fail BUT it has some real talent. It has fucking Anjelica Houston! Awake has an interesting premise but meh. I honestly wonder who was clamoring for a TV sequel to The Firm. Whitney is going to fail, get replaced by Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea which will then get canceled when everyone realizes that Chelsea Handler isn't in it. Up All Night has some terrific people in it and I hope it's funny. It has Will Arnett in it so it's can't fail, right? Right? Free Agents sounds very meh. The other two comedies also sound meh. Grimm, I might give a try but if it's Friday night, I'm more likely to go with Supernatural. Finally, do we really need that much of the Voice? It will never be Idol. Why are you trying so hard?