Cesare vs The Children

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cesare

catphoto.jpg

Debut: The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)

Main weapon: Varies

Other names: Cesare the Somnambulist

Dislikes: Morning eye gunk

vs

The Children

children-of-the-corn-child-cult.jpg

Debut: Children of the Corn (1984)

Main weapon: Varies

Other names: The Children of the Corn

Dislikes: Puberty, outlanders

Umm, Dubs, you do know that the picture is of The Children from Village of the Damned, not The Children from Children of the Corn. That said, I'm going with Cesare mainly since half the Children are just idiots who are just following the crazy religous crap and the other half, while evil, aren't very effective. Also, I remember the horrible stop-motion form of He Who Walks Behind the Rows from Children of the Corn 3: Urban Harvest. Honestly, it's about as threatening as a dead cow and just as bad as the giant red cloud version in the first one.

Umm, Dubs, you do know that the picture is of The Children from Village of the Damned, not The Children from Children of the Corn.

This is why it's not a good idea to post brackets at 4 in the morning.

Fixed.

They're both relatively ineffectual as villains but Cesare is amazing. Conrad Veidt is a guy whose filmography proves his importance (Caligari, The Man Who Laughed AND Casablanca? Fuck!).

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is one of the finest films ever made, in my opinion, and while Cesare is not the best villain, I am glad to see him move on to his demis against an equally iconic character.