Episode 01.05: Lateralus

RSS

Strap in, folks. Damien is about to swing on the spiral and go all Tool Nerd on your asses! In a review that spans almost twice as long as the actual album, the two hosts go over Tool's Lateralus. Get out your graphing calculators, you might need them. Also, Damien mentions the name of a band so heretical to mention on an episode dedicated to the sacrosanct musical opus of his favorite band, that Desmond is compelled to censor it. But is Lateralus an album or a piece of sophisticated Apokoliptian technology? Obviously Damien and Desmond liked the album, but what does Keanu Reeves think? Not to mention Riverdale's astrophysics, the Yngwie Malmsteen count hits two, analogies throughout all of pop culture, and all of life's little mysteries are answered within. [ 1:50:46 || 53.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/droppedd/episodes/droppedd_001-05.mp3

this is the only TOOL album i didnt get into right away. i had a lot of life going on at the time. some how i had a real store bought copy in my hands a week early. this made me the man for about a week till all my friends who were big TOOL fans had picked up their own. this is the ep i feel we have been waiting for. will i be wrong? i bet not..always a top shelf podcast.

I fucking love this podcast. Will I love it as much when they stop talking about Tool? I hope so.

We hope so too. Even if you don't enjoy the music, chances are, one of us won't too. Also, the tangents.

this is the only TOOL album i didnt get into right away. i had a lot of life going on at the time. some how i had a real store bought copy in my hands a week early. this made me the man for about a week till all my friends who were big TOOL fans had picked up their own. this is the ep i feel we have been waiting for. will i be wrong? i bet not..always a top shelf podcast.

I think you won't be wrong.

To be fair: music is subjective. We aren't. We're fucking adorable.

Let us know!

Feedback now being handled on a show by show basis.

Is the beep really that loud? I listened back several times to make sure it actually did beep out the band name and to make sure levels were good and it was fine on my end.

DEZ your a pro. when you talk about editing i have visions of you inches from the screen with blood shot eyes and blood dripping from ear to ear to give us the best sounding shows you can.

the beep was just a tad loud. it might only be due to my ear bud blocks any and all sounds. i listen to podcast and audiobooks at work. i can only use one bud so i can hear what co-workers are saying. so i crank up the sound so i miss nothing. the beep on BIGGER ON THE INSIDE is mind melting. i sure The Master edits his shows much like you..

sorry if i have created any worry on your end..

I think you won't be wrong.

To be fair: music is subjective. We aren't. We're fucking adorable.

Let us know!

Feedback now being handled on a show by show basis.

you guys are fantastic. i love Lateralus. TOOL is the best band ever. i love every song. yeah i am that guy. sometimes that gets in my way of viewing their songs. your podcast has forced me to take another look at each song.

this EP blew my face off. i cant wait to listen to new order of the tracks. you two have enhanced TOOL for me...and i thank you..

The numbers denote original track number. The listed order is the Holy Gift Order as per Dubs' recommendation.

6 Parabol

7 Parabola

5 Schism

8 Ticks and Leeches

4 Mantra

9 Lateralus

13 Faaip de Oiad

1 The Grudge

12 Triad

2 Eon Blue Apocalypse

11 Reflection

3 The Patient