Episode 489

RSS

For the third installment of what Tom and Chris like to call The New Adventures of Waiting for the Trade, the duo dives into <i>Gladstone's School for World Conquerors</i>, <i>Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga, Book One</i>, and <i>Leviathan</i>. [ 1:22:40 || 40.0 MB ]

<b>To listen, click here:</b> http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_489.mp3

Maybe at some point, at the moment most of our choices are either company or creator orientated, at some point I plan to try and demonstrate that Jonathan Hickman really can be great. It's tough to think of creators we'd lean towards for that. Maybe Alan Moore at some point but I think that's a little down the line, especially if Chris wanted to force me to finally read From Hell.. I'd like to do something that compares and contrasts genre's across companies, say comparing horror stories or the biggest superhero teams.

I think we could swing one of those at some point, good suggestions. The main issue with a creator -show is finding someone both Chris and I would like to do who hasn't already had some of their more significant works covered. Plus it's better if we've both read stuff by them. Maybe we can do something Robert Kirkman orientated as well.

D'Israeli really is a brilliant artist. So far every story he's done with Ian Edington has turned out gold. Starting with Kingdom of the Wicked, then Scarlet Traces, this and finally Stickleback (which should be starting its fourth series soon.) I'd say Leviathan was where D'Israeli made his biggest strides art wise. As Tom said, the artwork in the book is just gorgeous.

He has a blog where he discusses some of his work. It's really worth checking out just to see some of his recent work, which, oddly enough, includes some Kaiju.

Lowlife-TD-02_02-Approval.jpg

Jigsaw+Godzilla.jpg