Hiatus

Venneh

Big Damn Heroes is on hiatus until further notice.

Because of the time of year at which this happened, I don't see any new episodes happening until after the new year at the least.

Also, Preston has stepped down from the cohost position, so if anyone reading this has any interest in a cohost position, please PM me and we will talk.

Ditto. Love this show, and hope it comes back.

Seeing as I spent a good two years of my life marathoning Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse, I'd volunteer to help out with co-hosting duties, but seeing as I'm going back to school full-time next semester and I've got another weekly podcast I'll be doing soon, I don't think I'll have time.

I was planning on announcing this in a little more eloquent and polished way, but here we go:

When I started BDH with Hannah, it was a project I was extremely excited about, and it remains so. However, if you would have told me the direction my life would take in the past eight or nine months, I would have been shocked. To be entirely honest and fair to everyone involved, I simply don't have the time to hold up my end of the bargain to make the show what it should be. And rather than put out a subpar product, I think it's only right thay I hand the reigns to someone more able to dedicate themselves to the show I helped to build. I've truly loved and cherished the time I spent working on BDH, but I know that I'm no longer the right guy to be spearheading this very ambitious project. I want to thank Hannah for working with me. Mike for the site and the constant support and most of all, the listeners for letting me into your lives. I'm stil going to be very involved with the site, of course. Comics Character Crash Course and writing for the site are stil very important to me.

This isn't the end of BDH, it's just a new beginning. I, for one, can't wait to see where it goes.

Thank you all.

I was planning on announcing this in a little more eloquent and polished way, but here we go:

When I started BDH with Hannah, it was a project I was extremely excited about, and it remains so. However, if you would have told me the direction my life would take in the past eight or nine months, I would have been shocked. To be entirely honest and fair to everyone involved, I simply don't have the time to hold up my end of the bargain to make the show what it should be. And rather than put out a subpar product, I think it's only right thay I hand the reigns to someone more able to dedicate themselves to the show I helped to build. I've truly loved and cherished the time I spent working on BDH, but I know that I'm no longer the right guy to be spearheading this very ambitious project. I want to thank Hannah for working with me. Mike for the site and the constant support and most of all, the listeners for letting me into your lives. I'm stil going to be very involved with the site, of course. Comics Character Crash Course and writing for the site are stil very important to me.

This isn't the end of BDH, it's just a new beginning. I, for one, can't wait to see where it goes.

Thank you all.

Admit it, you just chickened out of binging during Beer Bad! :smilewinkgrin:

Seriously though, good luck with everything, hopefully Hannah and her new co-host can convince you to come on as a guest during epic episode coverages (finales, Serenity and that sort).

• 3 weeks later...