Sonic CD returns

Mr. Keith

E3 2005: Sonic CD Returns

New compilation to feature elusive Sega CD title and more! Details inside.

by Anoop Gantayat

May 18, 2005 - Sonic fans, this is what you've wanted to hear! Following multiple Sonic compilations, Sega is at last delivering what we've all been screaming for: Sonic CD!

Sources in Japan reveal that the upcoming Sonic Gems Collection will include Sonic the Hedgehog CD, Sonic R and Sonic the Fighters. Sonic the Hedgehog CD first originated on the Sega CD. Sonic R is a Sonic-themed racing game that debuted on the Saturn. Sonic the Fighters is a model 2 arcade fighting game that never saw home release.

These three are just the beginning. Sonic Gems will feature nine titles selectable at default, along with a number of secret games. Players can also look forward to a museum mode featuring illustrations and movies. What a true gem!

Sonic Gems Collection is planned, in Japan at least, for both GameCube and PlayStation 2 release this August.

taken from IGNcube

Happy times for Sonic fans.

First I see that FF VII tech demo from E3 & now this.

As Michael J would say.................ah hell I'm not going to say it but most of you know where I'm going.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

That's cool. I mean, I missed E3 on Techtv or G4 or whatever the hell you want to call it. My cheapass parents... ugh.

I remember playing Sonic CD once, as a demo, but it still was cool. And I'll probably get this as soon as it comes out. And that Sonic Fighters game sounds all right, I finally get to kill that freak of nature known as Tails, high pitched voicy bastard.