Samurai Champloo

Aaron Robinson

Howdy members of Earth-2.

I'm new to the board, having read a few reviews from the main page I thought I'd check out the forums. A few people may have read my posts on the Oratory forums (as Almighty Default, dear god do I need to change that name), as it is through that board I found out about this site.

Samurai Champloo only recently got a run on Australian T.V. Having never heard of it, I initially dismissed it as another standard Samurai anime, but repeated viewing has got me addicted. I love the unique animation and the strange mixture of hip hop with 17th to 19th century Japanese history. I was just wondering what thoughts and opinions were of this show.

Though I've only seen three or four episodes, I love this show! Every time I go to Best Buy I'm tempted to buy the DVDs, but I want the unedited versions and I doubt these are those.

And welcome to the forums, AJR.

Yoda, I'm like 99.9% sure the DVD's at Best Buy are unedited. But since I haven't bought one, I can't go up that .1%.

As for the show itself, it's unique, no doubts. Shinichiro Watanabe just has this knack for throwing genres together and somehow making them all work. This show is no different.

• 1 month later...

I went all out and bought the last 3 DVDs recently. I don't think I can get the box set anywhere in Australia, which is a shame because I can't see myself buying the whole series seperately, the DVDs cost AUS$30 each so it's not exactly cheap. I have to say it was a nice ending to the series though, predictable as hell, but the two final fights were great.

I need to get my hands on the Cowboy Bebop set too.

I went all out and bought the last 3 DVDs recently. I don't think I can get the box set anywhere in Australia, which is a shame because I can't see myself buying the whole series seperately, the DVDs cost AUS$30 each so it's not exactly cheap. I have to say it was a nice ending to the series though, predictable as hell, but the two final fights were great.

I need to get my hands on the Cowboy Bebop set too.

Find the CB Remix DVD's. They are remastered with better sound and they are cheaper than the old DVD's used to be. I grabbed all 6 of them and spent less than $100.

• 3 months later...