The awesome video thread

Mr. Keith

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Princess & the Frog might look decent but I got a very stereotypical black people in Disney feel off it. I'd honestly probably be very uncomfortable watching that in this day and age.

I don't mind the old blatant rascism, its part of the charm of those early years, but this looks like its embracing a subtler yet more encompassing version of the same at a time when it shouldn't really be ok.

I'm not really sure what to think about it in that department. I don't know if Tiana's still a cleaning girl like she was before, and I will admit that there are some... interesting stereotypes w/r/t the voodoo part of it. I'm willing to give it a shot, though.

(I do know that the voice of Goliath from Gargoyles is doing the voice of the villain of the movie, which should be quite nice, at the least.)

Who wants to bet that the villain isn't whitey? Because in the Disney retelling obviously the white man never kept the black man down. No, in the french quarter of New Orleans in 1920 black people cold somehow be princesses. Seriously, this is Disney rewriting history on an epic scale. The reptile on the brass instrument might be the closest thing to historically accurate this thing gets.

In fact I don't remember seeing a single white person in a major role in that trailer. I call discrimination!

...You're looking for historical accuracy in a Disney film? :P

As long as they attempt to use genuine historical periods in their films I shall demand a degree of realism dammit! <_<

Also, I shall not rest until Disney produces a realistically bleak interpretation of a lobster's life under the sea! Its not always the place to be.