I Am Legend

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The appearance of what looks like spaceships bugs me to no goddam end!

Spaceships? Where did you see those?

in the trailer there seems to be a shot of space ships shooting through the sky and something shooting the Brooklyn Bridge (or the Washington Bridge, they're all the same to me). Yes, I'm a bridgist.

Kind of harsh to judge the movie based on the trailer isn't it? They need to tell what happened to audience.

The movie is called: The Last Man on Earth.

The rest is internal monologue. Problem solved.

It's a movie. An internal monologue doesn't give you the emotional pull that actually seeing him lose his whole world does. I'm hoping it's done in flashbacks.

Kind of harsh to judge the movie based on the trailer isn't it? They need to tell what happened to audience.

It's a movie. An internal monologue doesn't give you the emotional pull that actually seeing him lose his whole world does. I'm hoping it's done in flashbacks.

If you watch Last Man on Earth (the Vincent Price version and still the best adaptation to date) then you will see the effectiveness of internal monologue. It captures the loneliness, depression and alcoholic angst of the novel.

I wished they just advertised this as a remake of Omega Man. That's what it looks like to me...

If you watch Last Man on Earth (the Vincent Price version and still the best adaptation to date) then you will see the effectiveness of internal monologue. It captures the loneliness, depression and alcoholic angst of the novel.

I wished they just advertised this as a remake of Omega Man. That's what it looks like to me...

Are you more upset that it's titled after the book or that you think it sucks? For what it is I think it looks alright.

Are you more upset that it's titled after the book or that you think it sucks? For what it is I think it looks alright.

To me, there is no such film that could begin to do, what I consider to be the greatest horror novel of all time, justice. This coming from a guy who isn't too fond of vampires. I can tell you that I almost refuse to go and see it in the theaters, not to save the money, but for the sake of sparing the audience my loud groans when that fucking CG tiger runs out and tackles the deer. I will also groan loudly when Will Smith is yelling at the mutants and there's an explosion at just the right time to mask some foul language. I do not look forward to sunglasses and tank tops. I do not look forward to the movie being set in New York because LA is part of the whole fucking point the novel was written in the first fucking place!

I hope the premier is hit by a meteor.

To me, there is no such film that could begin to do, what I consider to be the greatest horror novel of all time, justice. This coming from a guy who isn't too fond of vampires. I can tell you that I almost refuse to go and see it in the theaters, not to save the money, but for the sake of sparing the audience my loud groans when that fucking CG tiger runs out and tackles the deer. I will also groan loudly when Will Smith is yelling at the mutants and there's an explosion at just the right time to mask some foul language. I do not look forward to sunglasses and tank tops. I do not look forward to the movie being set in New York because LA is part of the whole fucking point the novel was written in the first fucking place!

I hope the premier is hit by a meteor.

Um...okay...didn't mean to put you an a rant there :P

• 2 weeks later...

According to WB, the movie brought in 76.5 million opening weekend. This number might change slightly since Sunday totals aren't in yet. That's still a lot of money. It's even a new December record.

I haven't seen it so I don't know if it's any good. Although Alvin and the Chipmunks made 45 million so quality doesn't mean anything obviously.