Episode 18

RSS

Pre Episode Banter

Too bad about your car James. I just rammed my mom's van into another car while parking and it's going to be a around a thousand dollars to fix so I more or less know how you feel.

E-Mails

I agree with Thomas about 'Ring Toss'. I really didn't enjoy it. Penguin got too much spotlight and we didn't get enough of Hal Jordan in action.

Also agreed about how horrible 'Love is a Croc' is.

Episodes

Harley's Holiday- Love the episode. Excellent animation. Greatly enjoy the development for Harley. Oh yeah, and it's hilarious.

Yeah, putting in the Joker would have ruined everything. Really bold choice on Dini's part to make it a Harley spotlight without the Joker.

The 'You're Bruce Wayne!' line is one of my all-time favorites.

I love the general with the tank, I don't care how much it defies logic.

Batman's 'I had a bad day once too' is really what makes the episode for me though. Short but powerful, that's the way I like my Batman lines.

I agree with Mike on the Ivy thing.

Lock-Up- It's okay. A bit heavy-handed, but I really do like the idea of a prison guard gone mad. Probably about average.

I'm actually really agreeing with Mike about targeting the politicians as opposed to just the villains.

I don't really have much to say about this one, because it's such a 'blah' episode for me.

Even though I like the ending, I do see Mike's point about how prison's the worst possible place to put him.

Make 'Em Laugh- Meh. It's definitely funny at parts, namely when Batman takes down the Condiment King and that one joke with the Pack Rat dumping the money out of the cash register, but it's overall a stupid mess.

There's only one Joker line that I thought was funny and it's all due to Hamill and not at all to the writing; it was his 'Let's cheer them up!' The delivery was excellent.

It had to have been Joker in disguise. I used to think it wasn't, so the episode used to make me incredibly angry.

Deep Freeze- Doesn't hold a candle to 'Heart of Ice'. Still pretty good, and the ending it awesome.

This is only Freeze's second episode, guys!

I hated Freeze in TNBA. 'Cold Comfort' was a dumb episode, but 'Meltdown' in 'Batman Beyond' was excellent.

Boyle did own GothCorp though. I just sent an e-mail. Be sure to read it.

Batgirl Returns- Fun, but really just another episode. Nothing special. Not much to say.

I love your assessment of the ending, and I didn't remember that Ed Asner (or Roland Daggett) was actually going to shoot them. Pretty awesome.

The deal with the college note is actually one of the few logical problems in an episode that actually bugs me.

Scores

Harley's Holiday- You: 8 and 9 / Me: 9

Lock-Up- You: 4 and 5 / Me: 5

Make 'Em Laugh: 2 and 3 / Me: 3

Deep Freeze: 6.5 and 6 / Me: 7.5

Batgirl Returns: 6 and 7 / Me: 6

Regarding Sub-Zero and the possibility it was massively delayed...going just from memory I could swear that there were full-fledged (and as I remember them, EPIC) previews on a few of my VHS tapes, I could swear one was on Toy Story (VHS released in October 1996) and SubZero was released in March of 1998.

(goes to wiki)

according to wiki SubZero was pushed back as to not be overshadowed by (or brought down by) Batman & Robin as it also had Mr. Freeze in it.