The "I need to vent" thread

Missy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before work today I decided to take a trip to a local Circuit City, mostly because I wanted to see what kind of closeout deals they were offering on external hard drives. First off, their computer media (blank CDs and DVDs, hard drives, etc.) was located by the video games, not the computers. Second, when I eventually found what I was looking for (a 250GB portable hard drive), I noticed it was $10 more than what Best Buy sells it for. (Even if you factor in the 20% discount, it was still only $7 less than what Amazon sells the 320GB drive for.) Third, as I stood there contemplating the purchase, no one came over to see if I needed help. Not that this is anything new; whenever I'm there I always see groups of three or four employees laughing it up, ignoring everything around them. It's no wonder Circuit City is closing a ton of stores!

Eventually I walked out, because I decided I didn't want to give them my money.

I haven't spent a dime in Circuit City in my life and I have never regretted that decision.

When Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero came out back in 1997, I was really stoked to get it (hey, give me a break, I was 14 and in the midst of my uber-MK fandom), so my parents took me up to CC because they were having a special on it the weekend of the release. Well, we get there and they have no copies of it despite it being in their sale paper and having only been on sale for under 48 hours. Turns out they never had the game in stock at all. They then tried to get us to buy a whole bunch of other games instead. Nice bait and switch bullshit, fuckers. We left and I didn't go back until like, 2004 or something, and that was with my friend looking for something for his dad. Of course, we go in there and, shock of shocks, no one helps us.

The workers (and I use that term about as loosely as humanly possible) at Circuit City are among the worst I have ever encountered. They never offer to help you, and on the rare occasions that they get off their apathetic asses to say, "Ya' alright over here?", and you explain what you're looking for, they generally have no clue what you need and they saunter off and never come back. I don't normally go into schadenfreude mode, but I am so glad they are all going out of business. Serves them right for being the absolute shittiest electronics retailer ever and employing the dumbest and most worthless fucking people imaginable.

Back when I managed a Gamestop, we had a Circuit City right next door to us, and it brought us so much business from their disgruntled customers. People would go in there for a game, leave because the employees were shitheads, then come right over to us to buy the same thing. I used to go in there every day to get sodas from their machine and not once did I EVER see an employee on the floor. They didn't even have check out aisles. They had three people behind the customer service desk handling returns from pissed off customers every day, but for the life of me, I have no idea where they went to purchase said merchandise. There were no registers or anything.

The only time I tried to buy something from them was when I was looking for some headphones for my computer. Of course they had the shit locked up, so I had to hunt down the monkey with the key, then he had to go get the right key cause he didn't have it. Then I went to the checkout line (this was a different store, btw). There were five aisles. ONE guy on register. Literally seven people in front of me. I've worked retail most of my life, if the guy's got a line, I'm not going to rush him, but this cockbite was just standing there talking to the guy about his fucking speakers he just bought. Fifteen minutes I waited in this line, and watched the people in front of me slowly drop their stuff and just leave, until I was the only one standing there behind the Boombox Kid and an employee that who thinks this is just his holdover job until the record deal comes through. I was with a co-worker, so she just took one look at me and I was gone.

It amazes me that a company can be so consistently shitty from store to store. Like, I've been to some awful Taco Bells, but there are also really good ones. Every Circuit City I've ever gone into was horrendous. They deserve to go out of business, frankly.

I don't often wish financial ruin for businesses, but hallefreakinglujah. I bought my first DVD player from a Circuit City, maybe ten years ago or so, and I vowed never to walk into one again. The customer service was laughable, the price magically changed from the sales floor to the register, and the player itself was utter shit. The day Best Buy finally made it into New England remains one of the more fondly remembered of my life, because it meant I didn't have to choose between CC and fucking Walmart if I wanted to buy a movie from a brick-and-mortar store.

I don't often wish financial ruin for businesses, but hallefreakinglujah. I bought my first DVD player from a Circuit City, maybe ten years ago or so, and I vowed never to walk into one again. The customer service was laughable, the price magically changed from the sales floor to the register, and the player itself was utter shit. The day Best Buy finally made it into New England remains one of the more fondly remembered of my life, because it meant I didn't have to choose between CC and fucking Walmart if I wanted to buy a movie from a brick-and-mortar store.

They had movie picture shows when you were younger Dan?

I'm tired...

I have to stop worrying about the past and what could have been. I need to look forward and see what the present has to offer, if i can't live for now, then what do I really have going for me except the realisation that I am nothing.

Oh and why is it that I'm getting fourteen hours sleep, yet still feel tired all the time. Oh and I don't want all this sleep, I'm happy with 5 hours.

I haven't reallly played my Wii in weeks, and in the past two weeks except for Multiplayer SD! I haven't played my 360 even though I have like 4 games to complete.

Plus Manhunt on the Wii.

I just got fucking harrassed by someone I've been friends with online for a good seven months.

He started talking normally then started asking why I'm playing smackdown instead of GOW2. I tell him I have't got the time, so he then says that GOW2 is better than SD and I said that's his opinion as I haven't really played hgears yet and can't make a comparison.

He then spams me with party invites messages of him singing and sending pretty fucking inappropriate written messages.

I tell him to stop it or I'm blocking him, he then tells me in a message to calm down, then calls me a noob and a loser.

So I blocked the fucker, muted him and have filed a complaint.

I really didn't need this shit I am already stress out to all hell and this was one extra thing I didn't fucking need. I just wanted to sit down to play a fucking game of sd and this is the shit I have to deal with!

Fick this, i am so close to cancel my live subscription and giving up on online anything.

Fuck this fucking shit.

So I met this girl during my short period of online dating before I quit. She's very nice and I like talking to her, but I had to let her know from the beginning that I was not interested in dating her. She's four years younger than me, and quite frankly, I'm not attracted to her. I'm not about to say this to her, but I have definitely made it clear what the limits were, and that we're just friends.

Now, she's been a very good friend, and considering that I live like a hermit, and talk to a grand total of 3 people on AIM, she has become my de facto best friend. So naturally, tonight she told me that she loved me.

Yeah, that's just what I needed on top of everything else.

Okay, be honest... is this "D.W." persona actually the personification of a Dan Toland from a past timeline, sending bulletin board messages through time to bedevil me now?

Actually, I'm The Doctor. It just so happens that my next regeneration will be into an old Boston man with an affinity for sci-fi television and Werthers Originals.