Batman: Gotham Knight

Stavros

Guest DCAUFan1051
At this point there's two problems:

01. Jenny and I have to see it again.

02. I don't want to double dip, but that's exactly what we'll be doing if Jenny and I review it now, and then James, Ian and myself do it down the road.

I hate to say it, but you might have to wait until I get to it with James and Ian.

Two Solutions:

#1 OK OK I can be patient enough until it comes to DVD then you and Jenny can see it again

#2 Yes I know the scheduling is hard but why not all four of you on an episode at once discussing The Dark Knight It'll be kinda like a roundtable concept????

Guest DCAUFan1051
Wasn't it said during an episode of WFP at the start:

It was ok, but I won't be wanting to see it again
or something similar.

The movie is OK, but the new frontier was a shitload better.

The four episodes of BTAS are horribly done, their are lines that cut through the screen, and really the episodes look like shit conversions, and can't really be watched.

While I agree Suave that JLNF was 100% better then B: GK I was asking them about a review for The Dark Knight before it comes to DVD :D

This isn't really a New Frontier VS. Gotham Knight competition, so that should settle it.

I loved the animation of Deadshot, but I felt it was too short. Since producers touted him as the "anti-Bruce Wayne", they could have done a lot to exploit that side of his character. His pleading to Batman at the end of the one-shot felt uncharacteristic. "Crossfire" had that "Oooh, it's BATMAN" moment, which was great, but the rest was a little wordy. The rest is not memorable for me to review.

I agree with Malpractice. "Working Through Pain" was the most engaging and poetic/reflective episode of Bruce. It said a lot without saying too much. The image of Batman holding all those guns in the sewer is what stayed with me from this DVD.

As for the extras, the commentary was standard, and the Bob Kane story was great.

What I was disappointed with was the 4 episodes they chose from BTAS. The only one I would have kept was Heart of Ice. "I am the Night" does flow along the lines of Bale's existentialistic outlook in Begans and The Dark Knight, but it doesn't change how much I absolutely despise that episode for its (nod to Mike and James) "Hot Topic" reasons. Since they chose "Over the Edge", which included characters that weren't yet introduced in Nolan-verse, they could have gone with much better episodes such as "Almost Got 'Em", "Perchance to Dream", or "Read my Lips". Or include that "lost episode" of BTAS. Or include a NEW commentary. It would have given fans a treat.

Yes I know the scheduling is hard but why not all four of you on an episode at once discussing The Dark Knight It'll be kinda like a roundtable concept????

No. Then we have to wait even longer for Mike to explain his hatred for the Tim Burton "Batman". And we've been waiting on that for way too fucking long.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Yes I know the scheduling is hard but why not all four of you on an episode at once discussing The Dark Knight It'll be kinda like a roundtable concept????

No. Then we have to wait even longer for Mike to explain his hatred for the Tim Burton "Batman". And we've been waiting on that for way too fucking long.

uhhh no he has explained it before while not in great detail I say the hell with batman 89 and BRING ON THE DARK KNIGHT!!! why live in the past when the present so much better lol

Guest DCAUFan1051
I say the hell with batman 89 and BRING ON THE DARK KNIGHT!!! why live in the past when the present so much better lol

I disagree. I love Tim Burton's Batman.

I meant on them reviewing it at this point I say the hell with B:89 and bring on the dark knight I like all of the batman films that were done. YES even Batman & Robin that would be a guilty pleasure lmao

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

B: Gotham Knight was on cartoon network last night It'll also be on this afternoon I believe, for those who don't have the DVD and/or a downloaded copy of the film