• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

hey earth-2 members

here are my opinions of WFP Episode 35

too funny moments:

"hulkedupbanerash thing"

limewire or live wire that is the question???

I've said over and over WFP is my favorite podcast ever. I originally got into listening to podcasts for a few radio shows I can't hear where I live radio morning shows on stations in Massachusetts my hometown. GO RED SOX!!!

then one fateful day I was looking up batman stuff on iTunes and found Worlds Finest Podcast the artist title is Project Cadmus and when I first saw it I figured it was all about the Cadmus story arc in JLU. Then I started listening and was happy that it was the entire DCAU. Mike & James have both made me want to get everything DCAU including the single DVD's below is a list of everything I have DCAU

DVD's:

The Batman/Superman Movie

Justice League Starcrossed The Movie

JL: Seasons 1 & 2

JLU: Seasons 1 & 2

BBeyond Seasons 1-3

BBeyond: Return Of The Joker

on iTunes:

B:TAS episodes

Over The Edge

Old Wounds

JL:

Starcrossed Parts 1, 2, & 3

Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker

S:TAS episodes-

The Main Man Parts 1, 2

Worlds Finest Parts 1-3

Knight Time

I love watching the DCAU on my iPhone they look soooooooo great!!!!!

below is the review I have published on iTunes 5 star rated:

World's Finest is The Best

This podcast I found very interesting..... I love the DC animated universe. BRUCE TIMM is a GOD!!! Mike & James from WFP have given great insight into the DCAU can't wait for future episodes. With their very distinct radio station stylized voices Mike & James bring you the DCAU like it's never been covered before. From the start in 1992 with Batman: The Animated Series to Superman: The Animated Series Gotham Knights Batman Beyond and Justice League and Justice League Unlimited these guys rock and they redefine podcasting as the NEW Radio era.

thanks guys for the great podcast and all the laughs

Mike B.

DCAUFan1051

Hey boys, Selina here.

Thanks for the shout-out on the podcast. Made my day, like I'd said.

I'm not going to get into a cat-fight with the other writer who wrote in about Talia being better suited for Batman, but I do have a lot to say about a few reviews; so expect a good email sometime in the near future.

I'm assuming Yoda is Mike S, and James is, well, James. :happy:

PS. I'm an adult -- 25; hope that helps to even out the young-ens side!

Guest DCAUFan1051

hey mike

where's the show notes thread for episode 35? I'm listening to it again and you said you were going to post a link about Bruce Timm being on a chat forum somewhere but I don't see it under the episode 35 posts

just a little thought I was listening to the podcast where you reviewed S:TAS episode Speed Demons and you said it wasn't Michael Rosenbaum voicing flash well the only argument I would have is that maybe THAT Flash wasn't Wally West Maybe it was Barry Allen but I dunno keep up the excellent work.

where's the show notes thread for episode 35? I'm listening to it again and you said you were going to post a link about Bruce Timm being on a chat forum somewhere but I don't see it under the episode 35 posts

Turns out I accidentally deleted the PM with that link in it. :doh: Since Ian sent it to me, maybe he can post it.

just a little thought I was listening to the podcast where you reviewed S:TAS episode Speed Demons and you said it wasn't Michael Rosenbaum voicing flash well the only argument I would have is that maybe THAT Flash wasn't Wally West Maybe it was Barry Allen but I dunno keep up the excellent work.

Something in the back of my head tells me we might have suggested that, too.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Thank you, Selina Can't wait for your e-mail!

anytime,

and where is that forum where Bruce Timm names the worst BTAS episodes? -- oh wait, looks like someone beat me to the chase.

sorry for beating you to it I've been trying to find anything with Bruce Timm and Co interviewed or whatever hell when I first found WFP I thought it was from the creators but Mike & James do a very good job disecting and reviewing what might be the best cartoons of the 90's and early 2000's.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Good call. :D

Thanks for the insightful e-mail, Selina. I always love reading e-mails that make me see a relationship from someone else's P.O.V. (<--BTAS reference!).

hey james as I've said in other posts I've been re listening to old episodes of WFP it seems to me as the episodes increase your life gets better and better I'm not sure if Kasnia was mentioned at all in B: TAS but I did just receive Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman DVD and it's mentioned in there I'm not exactly sure where in continuity that would fall but I thought that it was the first time mentioned. And afterwards it is mentioned in S: TAS and of course JL and JLU as far as Rash Al Ghoul note being in JL and JLU I can kinda forgive that because it seems to me Vandal Savage is a decent replacement as they kind of have the same agenda "World Domination"

keep up the great work

Thanks for the insightful e-mail, Selina. I always love reading e-mails that make me see a relationship from someone else's P.O.V. (<--BTAS reference!).

hey james as I've said in other posts I've been re listening to old episodes of WFP it seems to me as the episodes increase your life gets better and better I'm not sure if Kasnia was mentioned at all in B: TAS but I did just receive Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman DVD and it's mentioned in there I'm not exactly sure where in continuity that would fall but I thought that it was the first time mentioned. And afterwards it is mentioned in S: TAS and of course JL and JLU as far as Rash Al Ghoul note being in JL and JLU I can kinda forgive that because it seems to me Vandal Savage is a decent replacement as they kind of have the same agenda "World Domination"

keep up the great work

Kaznia is the de facto nation where all the terrorists seem to come from in the DCAU. You make a good point about Savage. I liked all the episodes in which he appeared. But he and Ra's have vastly different goals when it comes to "world domination". While they both want to be the kings of the world, Ra's wants to obliterate 90% (or more) of the world's population. Savage doesn't necessarily want to kill off millions of people. He's more of a "you do my bidding" autocrat.

Guest DCAUFan1051

keep up the great work

Kaznia is the de facto nation where all the terrorists seem to come from in the DCAU. You make a good point about Savage. I liked all the episodes in which he appeared. But he and Ra's have vastly different goals when it comes to "world domination". While they both want to be the kings of the world, Ra's wants to obliterate 90% (or more) of the world's population. Savage doesn't necessarily want to kill off millions of people. He's more of a "you do my bidding" autocrat.

yea I can see your point and then again Savage is immortal moreso then Ra's Savage needs no Lazarous Pit Did you see my other post about the boxart flub on JL Season 2 regarding mixing up The Secret Society and Hereafter episodes because on the discs they are flip flopped you also mentioned that your favorite DC Universe female heroine was oracle well if you like her get The Birds of Prey DVD set it's great as I said in my email thaty you read on the air the part you didn't read had to do with batman beyond joker voice ID I'm still wondering what episode they got the old clip from where joker says A countdown of victims that will end at midnight unless our dear dark knight stops me first

anyways keep up the excellent work.

part you didn't read had to do with batman beyond joker voice ID I'm still wondering what episode they got the old clip from where joker says A countdown of victims that will end at midnight unless our dear dark knight stops me first

That would be Holiday Knights.

oracle well if you like her get The Birds of Prey DVD set it's great

I agree it is awesome. The first episode was really bad though.

part you didn't read had to do with batman beyond joker voice ID I'm still wondering what episode they got the old clip from where joker says A countdown of victims that will end at midnight unless our dear dark knight stops me first

Is this right? I have to admit I endured the first episode and never looked at it again. Is the rest of the series any better?

Is this right? I have to admit I endured the first episode and never looked at it again. Is the rest of the series any better?

Yeah, it gets steadily better. But the first episode is terrible, if I hadn't the set on blind faith I would have done the same. But I'd recommend it.

Guest DCAUFan1051

thanks everyone for answering the question about the joker quote at first I thought it was Christmas with the joker but thanks again

and yes I loved the Birds of Prey Complete Series DVD set wish there were more bonus features but hey at least it's on DVD I never really had a problem with the first episode in BOP my favorite character that they used was Black Canary played by Lori Laughlin <cough full house cough> the effects of the canary cry was awesome.

1) Where can I find the Justice League New Frontier review on itunes?

2) How do you guys get those snazzy cartoon avatars? Or is that just a special program you all have.

"Thanks for the insightful e-mail, Selina. I always love reading e-mails that make me see a relationship from someone else's P.O.V. (<--BTAS reference!)."

My pleasure, James! There are only a few in this world who can get BTAS references...and they're probably all in this forum. ;)