Sign in to follow this  
Dread

Request Thread

Earth-2's horror guru hasn't seen anything if he hasn't seen Twilight :evil: That vampire truly makes it a "scary" movie.

It got covered by Mike back in Episode 300 of Earth-2.net The Show, thus saving Dread from having to cover it in the process. Worth a listen if for no other reason than this is Mike before he got drunk for discussing bad movies. What a difference a year makes.

Man, that seems like so long ago, but it was only a year back. Wow.

Also, New Moon was discussed during Dread Media 118.

Deathbed: The Bed that Eats People

That's got to be a "guy" movie, right?

No mortal should ever have to sit though Death Bed: The Bed That Eats People. When I watched this movie, about halfway through my DVD player spat the disc back out at me and told me in straightforward English, "No. No more."

It's just Death Bed: The Bed that Eats. Patton Oswalt got everyone saying it wrong.

And yeah, as far as the "inanimate object consumes human life" genre of film goes, it's near the bottom.

Sometimes I can still see it when I close my eyes.

This was probably already added also, but What Women Want. Because it is decidedly inaccurate.

Do you not want Mel Gibson? In stockings?

This was probably already added also, but What Women Want. Because it is decidedly inaccurate.

Do you not want Mel Gibson? In stockings?

No. Not at all.

I also do not want Nike hamfisting their shoes at me.

Or Helen Hunt being all squinty and indignant.

Whoa. D.W. You are fucking awsome for bringing up STREET FIGHTER. One the greatest martial arts masterpieces of all time. Pretty hardcore, though. ENTER THE DRAGON would probably be a more palatable introduction to the Chop-Socky genre. Or perhaps Mamet's REDBELT. Light on the violence but heavy on the philosophy of the machismo-centric male.

All of these are on the docket. I may start with Ong Bak or something first as it may be more palatable with the comedy of the chase scene and all that.

If you're looking for a more girly Zhang Yimou film (does Megan mind subtitles?), try Curse of the Golden Flower; more emphasis on pretty and intrigue (and potential interestingness with incest), along with some pretty solid action scenes.

If she does mind subtitles, then go Memoirs of a Geisha, which has no action scenes but is still set in the general East Asian region. :P

Okay, you guys have to cover The Wizard of Oz as a chick flick? Why? 'Cause of this quote I just read on Facebook:

The Wizard of Oz is the ultimate chick flick: two women trying to kill each other over a pair of shoes.

:lol:

Cheri. It has all the makings of a chick flick: "forbidden" romance, whores, and an out of nowhere "romantic" ending. Oh, also, Michele Pfieffer and Kathy Bates.

(I say this sarcastically as possible and highly reccomend alcohol while watching it.)

Oh, how could I forget this one:

Legally Blonde.

In fact, you should use it for Resse Witherspoon month.

The lady doth presume too much. Twas a Witherspoon Episode only. We still don't know what we're doing for this next episode.

I'm thinking, The Rundown.