Richard vs The Thing

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Richard

dead-mans-shoes1.jpg

Debut: Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

Main weapon: Varies

Other names: N/A

Dislikes: Everything else

vs

The Thing

The_Thing.jpg

Debut: The Thing (1982)

Main weapon: Parasitism

Other names: The Thing from Another World, Bennings, Norris, Palmer, Blair

Dislikes: Flamethrowers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevQS4qgE_Q

Might be controversial, but I'm going to throw one of Richard before the inevitable slaughter. I just preferred Dead Man's Shoes, Richard is a terrifyingly real killer. There's not freaky artifice about his character, he's just cold-hearted and completely honest with his victims.

He's gonna lose, but he deserves one vote.

I have Dead Man's Shoes added to my LOVEFiLM queue, as Dread Media #200 has inspired me to catch up on a lot of films that have been covered over the past year. Haven't seen The Thing either, so I'm null voting, but I'm guessing The Thing would win in a match-up.

Richard is one man, The Thing can be several people, and can integrate itself in society, and then kill/take over others.

It can also separate itself into individual body parts to survive, infect people with a single cell, damn near impossible to kill and can remerge to create a larger creature.It's pretty nasty.

Richard is perhaps cinema's greatest portrayal of revenge making a monster of men. The Thing encapsulates Cold War paranoia by combining INvasion of the Body Snatchers with Ten little Indians.

They are equally intriguing. IN influence, however, Thing is far mnore influential and not even mentioning the power levels of the actual characters, Richard doesn't have a chance.

As much as I adore Richard, it has to be The Thing.