Episode 666

RSS

For the eighth anniversary of Earth-2.net: The Show, the episode number says it all! It's episode 666, and all things horror are on display. Dan and Wendee start things off with a conversation about "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow." Then Ian and Dave are joined by Jim Moon to look at The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. Will and Chris dive into Supernatural, and Des brings Darryll to The Show for a chat about the short film "Familiar." After that, it's Will, Hannah, and Rosemary's Baby. Then, Shana and Mike cap things off with Poltergeist. [ 7:19:36 || 211.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_666.mp3

I'm going to be commenting as I listen.

"Bartleby, the Scrivener" was written by Herman Melville, and I too have a soft spot for it. My writing department has its students write stylistic parodies of that short story, and others, and the end results are always fun.

The "Can we cuss on this show?" exchange made me burst into laughter!

Jim Moon is my new favorite podcaster.

I definitely recommend you seek out Hypnobobs. I've learnt so much about classic horror literature, cult horror figures and comic histories from that podcast. Plus, his voice out-velvets mine!

Good job everyone. The whole show's a good (though not exhaustive) reflection of the various hosting dynamics we have on the site. I allowed myself to be spoiled on Supernatural as I assumed it wasn't something I was going to want to see, but it sounds like I was wrong. Did have to skip the Rosemary's Baby seg though.

Supernatural is the kind of show where knowing the twists doesn't hinder it. A lot of the show is the journey and, even with putting a little too much detail into everything, there's still stuff we skipped or glossed over. Most seasons there are one or two really good episodes that we didn't mention because they were just below the bar of best or favorite and even with using a quote per season, most of the more quotable or funny stuff remains unspoiled.

For the record, I have not seen Poltergeist but I have put it towards the top of my Netflix queue. I actually watched The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires earlier this week and it was a hoot. It's definitely not the best Hammer film but it's still enjoyable, even with all the times Peter Cushing seems to just be there. I'm going to make an attempt to check out Familiar since it sounds entertaining. Altogether, great episode everyone.

• 2 weeks later...