Do they like Batman?

Missy

I would say no with the exceptions of Superman, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, and maybe Wonder Woman. Especially after the Tower of Babel incident. I'm quite sure very few members of the JLA and JSA (and even the Teen Titans) trust Batman seeing as how he has tons of files on all of them, so it's even less probable that they like him. Plus he's a total hard-ass and treats most of them like shit. But seeing as how he is for all intents and purposes the JLA's battlefield tactician, I'm sure they all respect him (as you said). I'm also sure 99% of the DC heroes would agree that it's better to have him on their side than to be against him.

Why do you think Zatanna and J'onn like him?

J'onn because, first of all, he doesn't seem like the kind of person who hates anyone. He's basically the wisest, most understanding of all the DC heroes. Plus, being a telepath, I think he knows Batman better than he would lead everyone else to believe. So, I would think he understands why Batman does the things he does.

And if I remember correctly, weren't Zatanna and her father friends of the Wayne family? Or was that just an arc for the animated series?

And if I remember correctly, weren't Zatanna and her father friends of the Wayne family?  Or was that just an arc for the animated series?

I want to say Zatara might have played a role in training Bruce, but I don't know for sure.

Which way did J'onn vote in Tower of Babel?

And if I remember correctly, weren't Zatanna and her father friends of the Wayne family?  Or was that just an arc for the animated series?

I really don't know.

Which way did J'onn vote in Tower of Babel?

Quoting this directly from the graphic novel:

***SPOILER ALERT***

J'onn: "I in no way approve Batman's actions, but I would be a hypocrite to view them as cause for expulsion. I say he stays."

(J'onn used to keep dossiers on the Earth's heroes before he joined the JLA and they, too, fell into the hands of evil.)

The voting went (according to what I gather from this):

Stays: Flash, J'onn, Green Lantern (Kyle)

Explusion: Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Plastic Man

Superman was the deciding vote and as ambiguous as the end of the story was, I believe he voted to keep him in the League.

I was always under the impression that Supes would have voted no, actually.

I'd say that most don't like him. I'd venture to guess that most of his field agents like him (Huntress the obvious exception). I would think that Aresnal likes him, or at least trust him, if he was willing to use him as a source of leads for the Outsiders. Superman is a tricky one. I think he likes him despite the feeling that he shouldn't, if that makes sense. Wonder Woman likes him, as she likes most everyone. Same with Jonn.

After that, it gets real dicey. Green Arrow does not like him, and barely seems to respect him. Hawkman would probably be a no, as would most of the JSA. Flash doesn't seem to, especially after Batman all but blamed him for the death of Tim Drake's father. None of the Green Lanterns do, with the possible exception of Kyle, it would seem. I get the vibe that Kyle is still pissed about the files and everything, but he sees the logic behind such things, which is why he voted to keep him in the league. On the other hand, I don't think John or Hal care for him at all. The Teen Titans, with the exception of Robin and possibly Starfire don't like him. I would say possibly Starfire because through her relationship with Dick, she might have some insight into his behavior. The rest know what their mentors have told them about him, so I doubt that Speedy, Kid Flash, or even Superboy care to much for him.

Beyond that, I would bet that the rest don't like him. Elongated Man, Atom, Booster Gold, Etc...

I was always under the impression that Supes would have voted no, actually.

Oh yeah. Superman voted Batman out. That I'm sure of. That's why Batman left before he heard the vote, because he knows Superman well enough to know how he'd vote.

Yeah, you're right. I can't believe I forgot that "Divided We Fall" was the next story arc after "Tower of Babel". :doh:

• 2 months later...

The real question is .....does Batman really care if anyone likes him.

I think that the only people he cares likes him or not is the Bat family. The way he asked how Dick was in Earth 2 Superman's earth shows he cares what his bat family thinks.

Getting back to the original question, I think Supes and Wonder Women along with Martian Manhunter. Thats it. The Trinity has been through so much that they have a geniune like for each other. If you have been reading the JLA it seems that most of the rest of the league doesn't exactly want to go out for a drink with this guy after saving the world.

I think that the only people he cares likes him or not is the Bat family. The way he asked how Dick was in Earth 2 Superman's earth shows he cares what his bat family thinks.

Yeah, that was such a great moment. Really shows how much Bruce loves Dick.

Getting back to the original question, I think Supes and Wonder Women along with Martian Manhunter. Thats it. The Trinity has been through so much that they have a geniune like for each other. If you have been reading the JLA it seems that most of the rest of the league doesn't exactly want to go out for a drink with this guy after saving the world.

Does Martian Manhunter like Batman? Outside of the JLU cartoon, I'm not all that familiar with the character, so I can't say.