Got me a Switch!

Missy

Trying to think of games that either aren't on PS4 or would be better on a handheld.

If you take interest in Hades, I'd heartily recommend Supergiant's other games: Bastion, Transistor, Pyre. They're all the same kind of game in that they're 2d isometric action games, but they're vastly different with style: the first is closer to classic Zelda, second is nouveau art cyberpunk and the third is high fantasy basketball.

There's the Nintendo Switch Online service, which comes with S/NES games, along with Genesis/N64 if you get the expansion. It's $20/year for the basic and $50 for the latter.

I'd also add: Hold off on buying too many games for a tad bit longer if you can. Nintendo announced their Black Friday sales which are active from the 21st through 27th. Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Xenoblade, and Link's Awakening are the highlights along with the discounted Ring Fit Adventure.

• 1 year later...

Started playing New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe on Sunday and this is exactly what I want from a Mario Bros. game. When the Super Mario World-style map was revealed, I legit went, "YES!"

My only issue is the controls. Though they are exactly the same as SMW, I'm struggling with the Run and Jump buttons. I either need them on the plane (RE: NES controller) or I need the Run button to be mappable to a shoulder button.

• 9 months later...

Nintendo Online is a tremendous deal. $50 a year for a huge library of games from the 8 bit to the 64 bit era. Or you can go with the lower level for just NES and Super NES.

16 hours ago, Missy said:

The Switch has been my go-to system for the last six months. It's worth every penny.

👍👍

I just got one last week. My first two games (hopefully!) arrive today.

I was thinking about telling my sons that they have to beat Ghosts & Goblins on the NES before they can play anything else but that would be abusive. :-)

I think I'll skip the Switch game though.

• 2 weeks later...