Episode 1129 - Flickchart Forum: Spider-Man

RSS

"Why spiders, Master Lee?" The clear answer is for a Flickchart Forum for Spider-Man movies! Ian Wilson is joined by Donovan Morgan Grant and Christian Honore as they discuss and rank the non-Avengers films related to New York's favorite web-slinger. There's controversy to be had if you're a fan of Spider-Man 2, whilst each host debates the best Spider-Man actor. Also: lizards! And guess what. This is the 17th anniversary of Earth-2.net: The Show! [ 3:42:53 ]
[ download ]

Loving the show, guys. I've got a little more to go, but I wanted to add one thing about Spider-Verse. One of the gems of the movie is the way it plays with animation. Before he becomes comfortable with is powers, Miles moves at 12 FPS -- which is way he's always so herky jerky and awkward. Once he learns to believe in himself and catches up with the other Spiders ("Hello, Danger"), Miles is in sync with everyone else at the standard 24 FPS. It's a brilliant attention to detail and a masterful way to use the form of film making to tell Miles' story.

58 minutes ago, Missy said:

Loving the show, guys. I've got a little more to go, but I wanted to add one thing about Spider-Verse. One of the gems of the movie is the way it plays with animation. Before he becomes comfortable with is powers, Miles moves at 12 FPS -- which is way he's always so herky jerky and awkward. Once he learns to believe in himself and catches up with the other Spiders ("Hello, Danger"), Miles is in sync with everyone else at the standard 24 FPS. It's a brilliant attention to detail and a masterful way to use the form of film making to tell Miles' story.

Oh yeah! I think I knew about that, there's a great commentary for the movie's DVD, but that totally blipped from my brain.

I love Spider-Verse, I feel I shortchanged it somewhat with my thoughts, but I was burning to gush about some films, defend others and rag on my bottom pick. Spider-Verse needed little else from me. Thanks for listening!

I'm with Donovan on ASM 2, the dragging that movie got wasn't deserved. It still has far and away the best portrayal of the character, Peter Parker with all his neuroticism and heroism, his quips, how he moves in that beautiful suit, it's just spot-on. Gwen continues to be the best co-lead of any superhero movie, although her death is really unnecessary, if ballsy. It looks great too, it has better visuals than most of the MCU movies.

18 hours ago, Davedevil said:

I'm with Donovan on ASM 2, the dragging that movie got wasn't deserved. It still has far and away the best portrayal of the character, Peter Parker with all his neuroticism and heroism, his quips, how he moves in that beautiful suit, it's just spot-on. Gwen continues to be the best co-lead of any superhero movie, although her death is really unnecessary, if ballsy. It looks great too, it has better visuals than most of the MCU movies.

Bad villains though.

• Missy changed the title to Episode 1129 - Flickchart Forum: Spider-Man