Ultimate Avengers

JackFetch

I Managed to see this movie in a undisclosed location, and I loved every minute of it. It has some of the best animation I've ever seen this side of the Pacific. I'll admit, I've never read the Ultimate line, so the story doesn't make much sense, but that's ok. I'm not going to write a review because that's not my thing, but go buy this when it comes out.

I've seen some extended trailers, and it looks really cool. But the voice acting -- from the trailers, mind you -- sounded bad. I mean, Cap sounded like a teenager!

In the movie Janet talks about how young Cap looks. I think he is supposed to be 18 or 19. In WWII alot of the soldiers were really young. I really liked most of the characters, except Black Widow and Betty Ross. Black Widow didn't really fit in with the rest of the team, and Betty was kind of bitchy. Wasp and Giant Man were perfect, and Thor was good. The end fight was better than most I've seen. Lets just say the Hulk kicks ass.

IMDB says this thing is 72 minutes. 72 minutes is too short. It's definately on my list to see, but 72 minutes? come on.

Betty was kind of bitchy.

If you have read The Ultimates, she's a lot more than "kind of". She's the character you really want to see bad things happen to.

From TV.com:

[Cartoon Network] has also aquired the rights to air Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki's films Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. For comic book fans, the network has the Marvel Comics animated superhero movies Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Avengers 2, and Iron Man blasting onto the schedule later this year.

Sorry you didn't like the movie Yoda, but you have to admit the last battle was cool.

Source material aside, the final battle was way too short. It took less than 15 minutes to dispose of this great alien threat. Weak!

And if you mean the fight with Hulk, it too was lame. It literally went nowhere. Hulk stood there, and Cap hit him. Hulk hit back. Hulk stood there, and Wasp stung him. Hulk stood there, and Thor hit him. Hulk hit back. Hulk stood there, and Cap hit him again. Hulk hit back. In fact, the only time I even remember Hulk moving was when he broke Giant Man's leg... which I will admit was really cool. Besides that, it was: stand there, hit, repeat.

The movie should have been 100 minutes long. That's 60 minutes of characterization and plot development, and 40 minutes of pure action.

From TV.com:

[Cartoon Network] has also aquired the rights to air Japanese animation master Hayao Miyazaki's films Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. For comic book fans, the network has the Marvel Comics animated superhero movies Ultimate Avengers, Ultimate Avengers 2, and Iron Man blasting onto the schedule later this year.

Oh, dear God, please don't let them edit Nausicaa or Mononoke. I will hate Cartoon Network forever if they take all of the bloody scenes out of Mononoke.

The movie should have been 100 minutes long. That's 60 minutes of characterization and plot development, and 40 minutes of pure action.

I have to agree with this, the movie was way too short, hopefully the next one will be longer. Did anyone else think Thor looked wrong without the beard?